Anatomy on new MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flyingeagle

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning on taking the MCAT next Spring, probably April, and during that semester my only pre-med requirement left is Physics II. I was also thinking about taking anatomy, even though it isn't necessarily required for pre-med nor for my major. For those of you who know more about the new MCAT, do you think it is worth taking anatomy that spring or would that time be more worthwhile in an easier class/studying for the MCAT? Would it look badly if I only do the minimum science classes for pre-med and no upper-level bio?

EDIT: I just realized this should probably be in the MCAT discussion section, so if anyone wants to move this feel free.
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't. Any anatomy outside of intro biology won't be on it. Physiology would be more useful. But I would definitely pick free time to study over any "extra" class.
 
Aye, physiology is more important for the test. I'd recommend Exam Krackers new 2015 content manuals as it includes a systems book, covering all the background you'll need. An extra class would be overkill.