Anatomy (& Physiology) at Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rosequartz

Reaction score
Taking anatomy and physiology before applying is recommended. I saw that UHCO wants it to be at a "junior/senior" level. What does this mean? Can I take it at my community college-two classes but both subjects are combined as antaomy & physiology 206, 207 for example. If I pass I would recieve full credits for both subjects at my university. If I take these classes at university, it is two separate classes anatomy 205 and physiology 206, plus, these are the hardest classes at my university with the highest DFWs.

Members don't see this ad.

Should contact their admissions about it for the best answer. To me, "junior/senior" level means level 300 but that was for my University.

Reactions: 1 user
I had not completed either during my application cycle. I took introduction to anatomy 1 and 2 and then intro to physiology online at colorado state over the summer before matriculation

If you haven't already done this, I would contact the admissions department about what they want. At the institution I went to, they wouldn't accept any credits that weren't from four-year universities.
The rigors of a professional doctoral school are overwhelming, and they want to make sure you have a strong foundation in what you're about to learn. Based off of experiences I've heard from my former classmates, if you've taken a "breeze course" just to get the credits, you may actually be hurting yourself in the long run when you're actually admitted in the future.
I hope that was helpful!