anatomy questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbkal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hai
can anyone please answer these questions-
1)infection from saggital sinus drains into??
2)spread of infection from facial vein to cavernous sinus is through??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
bone lesion with radiopaque structures radiating from the periphery suggest which of th following:
1.osteosarcoma
2.osteblastoma
3.multiple myeloma
4.giant cell tumor
5.osteitis deformans

bone lesion with radiopaque structures radiating from the periphery suggest which of th following:
1.osteosarcoma
2.osteblastoma
3.multiple myeloma
4.giant cell tumor
5.osteitis deformans

osteosarcoma-sunray appearance radiographically.

best way for bacteria to transfer multi drug resistance depends on the?
conjugation
transformation
transduction

pls ans this...thanku..

Members don't see this ad :)
best way for bacteria to transfer multi drug resistance depends on the?
conjugation
transformation
transduction

pls ans this...thanku..

Hi..pbkal hw r u?
I think it z conjugation bcoz multidrug resistance is aquired by plasmids.
plasmids trancefer one bac to another through conjugation isn't it?

goodluck for ur exam.

Hi..pbkal hw r u?
I think it z conjugation bcoz multidrug resistance is aquired by plasmids.
plasmids trancefer one bac to another through conjugation isn't it?

goodluck for ur exam.

hey be positive...
yess!!i agree with ur answer.....just wanted to confirm..

a 6yr old kid presented to the dental office with diffuse small red spot on the anterior 2/3 rds of the tongue.what is most likely affected?
filiform
fungiform
lingual tonsil
foliate

pls ans this...

a 6yr old kid presented to the dental office with diffuse small red spot on the anterior 2/3 rds of the tongue.what is most likely affected?
filiform
fungiform
lingual tonsil
foliate

pls ans this...

i think filiform ,,not sure though,,,,

Which of the following is located out of the lobular area in the liver?
bile ductules
hepatic artery
portal vein
central vein

Anyone know this one? I am confused whether they mean "classic liver lobule" or "portal liver lobule". I know the HA and Portal Vein come from the outside and drain in the sinusoids towards the central vein and then bile ductules are between them right? So what's the answer here?

i think filiform ,,not sure though,,,,

yeah it should be the filiform coz its the most numberous in the ant,2/3rd of the tongue ,,the fungiform will be affected but the filli it's the most numerous..

Which of the following is located out of the lobular area in the liver?
bile ductules
hepatic artery
portal vein
central vein

Anyone know this one? I am confused whether they mean "classic liver lobule" or "portal liver lobule". I know the HA and Portal Vein come from the outside and drain in the sinusoids towards the central vein and then bile ductules are between them right? So what's the answer here?

i think its the bile duct once its out of the liver ,,what i mean it joined the liver through the common hepatic duct!! and the rest structures having direct conection with the liver lobes!! what u think?

I know it's not anatomy but still a good question that is on an old exam... can anyone please explain this math to me?

pH of a solution is 5.7 what is the H+ concentration? The answer is 2x10^-5.

Why is it 2 and not 1.. because it's 5.7 and not just 5? I remember learning a trick for this during DAT studying but have forgotten it.. anyone can help?! THanks so much!

Branch point of glycolysis is

glucose 6 phosphate
pyruvate
glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate
phosphoenol pyruvate

ans is pyruvate.pls confirm..

Members don't see this ad :)
the binding of oxygen to hemoglobin is directly proportional to partial pressure of oxygen.

is this statement true or false???
pls answer...

a persons blood is mixed seperately with A antiserum,B antiserum and rh positive antiserum.no clumping or agglutination occurs.this person has-
1.type O nd is rh+
2.type O nd rh-
3.type AB nd rh+
4.type AB nd rh-

pls ans this..

a persons blood is mixed seperately with A antiserum,B antiserum and rh positive antiserum.no clumping or agglutination occurs.this person has-
1.type O nd is rh+
2.type O nd rh-
3.type AB nd rh+
4.type AB nd rh-

pls ans this..

ans.2

hey Pbkal r u done with ur exam? if not whn is it?

i think its true

hey iomega!!i thought the same..
but,a question in decks-
the binding of oxygen to hb is
1.directly proprotional to Po2
2.decreases when pco2 is increased

both of these options r true.but,why 2nd option is choosen as answer???can u pls explain.its from 2007 decks..

hey iomega!!i thought the same..
but,a question in decks-
the binding of oxygen to hb is
1.directly proprotional to Po2
2.decreases when pco2 is increased

both of these options r true.but,why 2nd option is choosen as answer???can u pls explain.its from 2007 decks..

i think more than the partial pressure of o2 , the increase in co2 has more effect on hemoglobin (bohr's effect)
so out of the 2 options 2nd one is more appropraite.

i think more than the partial pressure of o2 , the increase in co2 has more effect on hemoglobin (bohr's effect)
so out of the 2 options 2nd one is more appropraite.

thanks!!!!!!!
thought the same.........just wanted to confirm........
becos i dont have the corrections of this decks with me.........
so,wanted to know if this was mentioned as one of the corrections in decks.....
gudluck with ur preparation..

filiform
fungiform
lingual tonsil
foliate

pls ans this...
pl
hi pbkl,
I think ans should b fungiform.I don't think filliform as answer as filliform is avascular and keratinized.plz correct if wrong .

ans.2

Hi iomega can u explain.
I think the ans.3 [Blood gp AB rh +ve]

Thanks

well since there is no clumping pr at all, that means there r no antigen-antibody reaction present...
i m pretty sure abt the ans since i had done this experiment in my 1st yr dental school n i had the same results.. o rh negative( tht my bl gr).

Originally Posted by pbkal
filiform
fungiform
lingual tonsil
foliate

pls ans this...

Acc to me its filliform, its the the most numerous (agreed , its avascular & lacks taste buds ) but i guess the vascularity of taste buds dont lead to glossitis , its the loss of number of papilla

pls do correct me with correct expln

filiform
fungiform
lingual tonsil
foliate

pls ans this...

Acc to me its filliform, its the the most numerous (agreed , its avascular & lacks taste buds ) but i guess the vascularity of taste buds dont lead to glossitis , its the loss of number of papilla

hey truthseeker...i thought the same........but,many answered it as filiform......so,i really dont know the correect answer.would appreciate if someone confirms the right answer.

can anyone pls clear this for me?

type of epithelium in the ureters??
is it psuedostratified ciliated columnar or transitional epithelium???

its given differnt types in different places of decks..thanks.

can anyone pls clear this for me?

type of epithelium in the ureters??
is it psuedostratified ciliated columnar or transitional epithelium???

its given differnt types in different places of decks..thanks.

its transitional epithelium for sure... just solved an asda question related to it.

filiform
fungiform
lingual tonsil
foliate

pls ans this...

even i agree, it shld be filliform..

in a laterotrusive movt,(right or left),the lingual cusp of a maxillary second pm passes through the facial embrassure between the second pm and the first molar.

plss answer this..thanku.

in a laterotrusive movt,(right or left),the lingual cusp of a maxillary second pm passes through the facial embrassure between the second pm and the first molar.

plss answer this..thanku.
I think its false.The lingual cusp passes thro the lingual embrasure b/w the 2nd pm and 1st molar.

I think its false.The lingual cusp passes thro the lingual embrasure b/w the 2nd pm and 1st molar.

Hey can anyone tell me, a good source for a better grasp on such questions. I had come across many questions like this and feel disappointed as I cannot answer them.

get a dentoform and just practice all the movements and anatomic features of the molars during them if you can't picture it in your head. Just an idea

its a statement from dental decks.i found it wrong......
thought same as u...pls can anyone confirm this???is it a mistake in decks???

glucose can be made from each of the following except one?
lactate
acetyl coA
glycerol
pyruvate
fructose

plss ans this..

hey pbkal,
glucose cannot b formed from fatty acid, hence acetyl coA is the ans.
n glucose can be formed from fructose n galactose from their respective cycle( i think they get converted to UDP glucose), its given in kaplan review book.

hey pbkal,
glucose cannot b formed from fatty acid, hence acetyl coA is the ans.
n glucose can be formed from fructose n galactose from their respective cycle( i think they get converted to UDP glucose), its given in kaplan review book.

thanks iomega for the explanation..

clinical examination reveals that lingual cusp on tooth #5 is broken offthis is most likely due to which of the following mandibular movements??
left mesiotrusive
right mesiotrusive
right laterotrusive
left laterotrusive
protrusive

can anyone pls explain this?????thanku.

questionn from packet I-L.195 question number.

Last edited:
clinical examination reveals that lingual cusp on tooth #5 is broken offthis is most likely due to which of the following mandibular movements??
left mesiotrusive
right mesiotrusive
right laterotrusive
left laterotrusive
protrusive

can anyone pls explain this?????thanku.

questionn from packet I-L.195 question number.

I think it is Rt mesiotrusive correct me if i m wrong.
ASDA I-L means which year, If u hav softcopy, can u send it to me pls..?
my id is [email protected]
Thanks in advance.