Anatomy shelf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPharaohX

Free...your...mind...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I know I know, another shelf question. I tried running a search on this one but couldn't really find good answers to my question, which is this:

Is the First Aid anatomy section good enough to prepare for the shelf?

That's basically my game plan because we're in the middle of head and neck right now (non-traditional curriculum) and I don't have time to do BRS Anatomy at all (too dense!). At the same time we'll also be taking the Physiology shelf, so I'm preparing for that too, which cuts even more into my anatomy prep time.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

BRS takes less than 2 days to get through, especially if you skip the stuff you were just tested on. It's the way to go. Make sure you know coronary blood supply. I skipped it and there were about 4-5 questions. I used BRS and did real well on the anatomy. Ours had an optional embryo component as well. It was a killer........

I owned that test with "Anatomy High Yeild." Got through it in 1.5 days. I took the test and felt like they were pulling th questions straight from what I just read. I think BRS is a little to dense. I read both, BRS early, and High Yeild 2 days before and thought the BRS was a waste of time. Also some stuff wasn't in BRS that they tested over.

Members don't see this ad :)
UTCobra said:
I owned that test with "Anatomy High Yeild." Got through it in 1.5 days. I took the test and felt like they were pulling th questions straight from what I just read. I think BRS is a little to dense. I read both, BRS early, and High Yeild 2 days before and thought the BRS was a waste of time. Also some stuff wasn't in BRS that they tested over.
I heard real good things about high yield for the shelf as well. Maybe BRS for the course and high yield for the final is the way to go.

Alright cool, I'll give High Yield a try then. Thanks for the advice.