And then the patient said....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LucidSplash

#CallVascular
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I swear I need a place to deposit all the funny and/or ridiculous things my patients say.

Me: (Taking picture of groin wound)
Patient: (Demented but intermittently lucid wizened old lady) “Is that for posting on the playboy site?”
Me: (Taking her seriously) Oh no ma’am, I promise it’s just so the team knows what it looks like. It won’t go anywhere public. It’s just for in the hospital.
Her: “But I need the money! I may be old but I’ve still got it! (Exagerrated wink and shoulder shimmy)

Me: :cyclops::hilarious:
 
Had a young female patient (recovering from anesthesia) ask me to tell her if her breast implants looked good. (We didn’t place them, it was an old surgery). The. She tried to show them to me repeatedly.

Didn’t happen to me, but a co-intern had a young male call her “Dr. Chocolate,” and asked her to shave his balls, because he wasn’t able.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad