And then the patient said....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LucidSplash

#LimbSalvage
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I swear I need a place to deposit all the funny and/or ridiculous things my patients say.

Me: (Taking picture of groin wound)
Patient: (Demented but intermittently lucid wizened old lady) “Is that for posting on the playboy site?”
Me: (Taking her seriously) Oh no ma’am, I promise it’s just so the team knows what it looks like. It won’t go anywhere public. It’s just for in the hospital.
Her: “But I need the money! I may be old but I’ve still got it! (Exagerrated wink and shoulder shimmy)

Me: :cyclops::hilarious:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Had a young female patient (recovering from anesthesia) ask me to tell her if her breast implants looked good. (We didn’t place them, it was an old surgery). The. She tried to show them to me repeatedly.

Didn’t happen to me, but a co-intern had a young male call her “Dr. Chocolate,” and asked her to shave his balls, because he wasn’t able.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My 94 yo grandma has had a rough year.

In ED for infected leg...

ED nurse: do you smoke?

gma: No

ED nurse: Do you do any drugs?

gma: No

ED nurse: do you drink?

Gma: No, but I'm thinkin' about starting.

Reactions: 6 users
Rounding as a resident. I was dressed up for clinic.

Patient: you look different.
My senior: do you notice something different about her?
Patient: I do, but I can’t say fo’ shizzle!

Verbatim... I trained in an inner city hospital, but I hadn’t heard anyone actually say “fo’ shizzle” before or since. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Getting consent on a breast reduction patient, I asked “and ma’am can you just confirm what surgery we are doing for you today?”

Before the patient could answer her husband chimed in, “titty titty chop chop!”

....which has replaced “biggie smalls” as my favorite slang for reductions....

Reactions: 11 users