And your pharmacy manager hates you so much...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doctorpharm2010

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my upper classman is graduating this year. He's set his mind on working retail (yeah yeah why why I know). And also, he's determined to work for a certain chain that he likes because he's already known the system, work flow and everything. There's only one problem: he's been interning for one store of this chain and the pharmacy manager really dislikes him. I've worked at that store a few times myself and what I saw was: the guy doesn't make any error per se but he seems quite unorganized and wasn't exactly efficient with the work. I mean he is very helpful and energetic but the way he works isn't exactly what the manager expects. A few staff pharmacist actually likes him because he helps out a lot but the manager always complains. So, now he's asking me the question whether or not he should apply to another chain when graduating or stay with the current one. Because, he's afraid that the district manager may not offer him a position because the pharmacy manger will not evaluate him very well if ever asked to do so. My instant response was "Retail is always hiring and I've seen much worse pharmacist". What about you guys? Any thought?
 
That was a nice answer. I would apply to the chain I wanted. If the manager always complains, their opinion probably won't be taken too seriously anyway by the PDM.
 
Last edited:
He'll probably get the job, depending on the area, but why limit yourself to only 1 chain?