Anesthesia Assistant Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

odysseus827

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys,

I've decided to apply to numerous AA programs. Just looking for some thoughts from more experienced people on my shot of being accepted.

BS- Biology, cell and molecular concentration. Competitive SUNY School. (Geneseo) 2.95 undergrad GPA. Strong upward trend the last 2 years of my undergrad. There were reasons, but I don't make excuses.

3.6 Post-bacc gpa retaking Organic 1&2, Physics 1&2 with labs Getting all As and one B+. Also took Biochem and Physiology for fun. So 22 credits as a post bacc.

1 year undergraduate inorganic chemistry research, no publications, one poster.

500 MCAT 125PS, 125CARS, 126BS, 124 Psych and Social

1100 Hours as EMT-B in college

4000 hours as a patient care tech in the Cleveland Clinic Cardiovascular ICU. We function as a surgical ICU and PACU. Patients routinely ventilated, on IV sedation, all types of vasoactive drugs and narcotics. I do 12 leads, Foleys, blood draws, IVs, removing A-lines and chest tubes. Seen plenty of crazy things. Were staffed by all anesthesiologists. I've helped with central and A lines (usually holding ultra sound probe or something like that). I see all cardiothoracic anesthesia every day plus all of the nursing assistant responsibilities.

20 hours shadowing an actual AA in the OR during cases.

I know the patient experience isn't required, but I do feel its helpful. Just concerned about my numbers and would love some feedback and advice. Great LORs and willing to go to school anywhere.