Anesthesia folks: Taking CCM exam without passing oral boards?

Started by FiO2@21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FiO2@21

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in that agonizing period between taking that awful exam and waiting for the result. Statistically I probably passed, but my brain won't accept it until I get the email.

SO if I didn't pass, does that mean I wouldn't be able to take the CCM exam in October? ABA's website doesn't say much.
 
I'm in that agonizing period between taking that awful exam and waiting for the result. Statistically I probably passed, but my brain won't accept it until I get the email.

SO if I didn't pass, does that mean I wouldn't be able to take the CCM exam in October? ABA's website doesn't say much.
Yup. Can’t. I had to delay CCM boards as I delayed taking orals
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes that is my understanding as well. I did not do oral boards during fellowship so did not get result in time to sign up for ccm. I took the oral boards in September of ccm graduation year. It made no difference for jobs if that is a concern. You’re still board eligible.