Anesthesia intern Q's.

Started by lvspro
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lvspro

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all
I start internship in a few weeks, and have a few questions. I was kinda leaning toward surgery when deciding my specialty, but decided I like anesthesia more. Even so, I do enjoy procedural/interventional medicine, and there sems to be a ton of cool/interesting techniques in use, as well as on the horizon. My question is about clinic time. On average, how much time do pain guys spend in the clinic? Also, can you tailor your practice such that you only do procedures?
I'm sure it's obvious that I'm not a fan of OP clinic, but I'd be willing to do some clinic time if I had the opportunity to be a part of some of these new and cool interventions.