anesthesia interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pablo94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Given this unprecedented year, I was wondering how long you guys think residency interview invites will be sent out for. What is a good number of interviews to have at this point in time? What should be the goal number of interviews?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Depends.
Did you apply with a 210/230? Or a 230/250?

The students I have written letters for in anesthesia have been getting interviews in Nov and Dec. This is like the 4th cycle this has happened. One student just received 2 last week. I can't explain why this happens, except maybe the DO apps get looked at later. Hang in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends.
Did you apply with a 210/230? Or a 230/250?
applied with a 243/256 as a DO, I have ten interview invites for anesthesia as of now. Most of them are at places I would guess are a "reach" considering I am a DO. Not sure

Was just wondering if we are looking at another month or two maybe of getting more invites or do you think they will stop sending invites soon?

Thanks

Was just wondering if we are looking at another month or two maybe of getting more invites or do you think they will stop sending invites soon?

Thanks
Any updates on the interviews, if you dont mind saying how many do you have total?

The students I have written letters for in anesthesia have been getting interviews in Nov and Dec. This is like the 4th cycle this has happened. One student just received 2 last week. I can't explain why this happens, except maybe the DO apps get looked at later. Hang in there.
Is this the later time in the interview cycle?

I believe so. One student had none until around the 2nd week of Dec, then had 3 top 10 interviews later. I think Covid has slowed things down a bit this year also.
Really hope more will come in the next few weeks. Discord seems to think 80-90% of interviews have already been granted

Looking to apply in 2022, any recent news on how the cycle has been going?