shiv

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2006
46
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys!! I had a question, about as to whas the high end of salary for anesthesiologist and whas the starting salary? thanks
 

stookie

Slick Nasty
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2005
168
0
Status
Medical Student
In typical SDN fashion I'll do you the honors by saying:

"Do a search"

Salary ranges from 250k-325k+
 

Laryngospasm

Trench Dog
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2005
319
10
Missouri
Status
Attending Physician
shiv said:
Hey guys!! I had a question, about as to whas the high end of salary for anesthesiologist and whas the starting salary? thanks
So if I whas to tell you whas the salaries whas whas yous gonna dos fos mes?
J/K :D
 
About the Ads

Dryacku

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2006
186
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am only a fouth year however this is a very impt quesiton to me... after doing much research... I have come to the following conclusion if you work full time you should earn no less then 200-225 at the least and prob between 350-400 if you work beyond a 40-50 hour week or in a remote location... fellowships are out the quest.. my cuz does cardiac in grand rapids mich and makes close to 550-600 a year (very unique are)... so the way I look at it is are content with 250-300 considering things may change... but thats the least i can accept even working more then avg... for you workin guys correct me if i am wrong???



powermd said:
Obligatory "don't do it for the money" post.

http://www.gaswork.com
 

The_Sensei

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2005
526
0
Status
Attending Physician
Dryacku said:
I am only a fouth year however this is a very impt quesiton to me... after doing much research... I have come to the following conclusion if you work full time you should earn no less then 200-225 at the least and prob between 350-400 if you work beyond a 40-50 hour week or in a remote location... fellowships are out the quest.. my cuz does cardiac in grand rapids mich and makes close to 550-600 a year (very unique are)... so the way I look at it is are content with 250-300 considering things may change... but thats the least i can accept even working more then avg... for you workin guys correct me if i am wrong???
Pretty much right on.......I work in NJ and make around $375-400k per year depending.
 

Anes4life

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
6
0
Status
It really depends if you are working as a partner. If you are...you can make above 400K. However, out of residency, 250-325K is more realistic depending on location and hours.
 

cdql

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
959
3
37
Boston
Status
Medical Student
shiv said:
Hey guys!! I had a question, about as to whas the high end of salary for anesthesiologist and whas the starting salary? thanks
Out of curiousity, what year are you in? 2nd? 3rd?
 

Dryacku

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2006
186
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
just a few questions.. are you partner?
how many years are you out? and what is your schedule like?
any fellowship...
thanks


The_Sensei said:
Pretty much right on.......I work in NJ and make around $375-400k per year depending.
 

The_Sensei

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2005
526
0
Status
Attending Physician
Dryacku said:
just a few questions.. are you partner?
how many years are you out? and what is your schedule like?
any fellowship...
thanks

I am partner and the chief of anesthesia.

Schedule is around 50 hours a week.

No fellowship - waste of my time.
 

DreamMachine

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
373
3
Status
Attending Physician
.
 

Laryngospasm

Trench Dog
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2005
319
10
Missouri
Status
Attending Physician
DreamMachine said:
I make 39,416 dollars a year, I believe. I get a book allowance, some free lunches, and an OR locker.
Ha. You are a mere peasant, I make 45 large a year. Booya :smuggrin:
 

DreamMachine

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
373
3
Status
Attending Physician
.
 

Trisomy13

ultra
Gold Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2004
1,245
26
mountain home
Status
Attending Physician
Laryngospasm said:
Ha. You are a mere peasant, I make 45 large a year. Booya :smuggrin:
43050 and my rent is 625/mo.

it just feels good to be getting a paycheck again after a 3 1/2 year hiatus without one.
 

Laryngospasm

Trench Dog
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2005
319
10
Missouri
Status
Attending Physician
DreamMachine said:
I can wait till I'm pulling that figure, Larnygospasm. What are you doing with all that extra loot?

We also get free parking and some pens.
I cant decide yet, Im either getting a Gulfstream 3, or a 4. But a 4 seems like id just be showing off. You know?
 

BlitzSleep

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
571
2
D-Town
Status
Pre-Medical
I just graduated from high school...and i was wondering if anesthesiologists were paid a monthly salary or what?
 

DreamMachine

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
373
3
Status
Attending Physician
.
 

SleepIsGood

Support the ASA !
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
1,965
2
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Laryngospasm said:
I cant decide yet, Im either getting a Gulfstream 3, or a 4. But a 4 seems like id just be showing off. You know?
dude did you hear about this new type of single engined plane that's out there. apparently the actual plane itself has a parachute!!!
 

wrx

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2006
29
0
Status
Stupid Q- I don't understand this whole "partnership" thing. So after 1-2 years of working for the group, you obtain "partnership" status. Hell, aren't all the anesthesiolgists "partners" given they've been in practice for more than 1-2 years? Why does your income increase as a partner?
 

Laryngospasm

Trench Dog
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2005
319
10
Missouri
Status
Attending Physician
wrx said:
Stupid Q- I don't understand this whole "partnership" thing. So after 1-2 years of working for the group, you obtain "partnership" status. Hell, aren't all the anesthesiolgists "partners" given they've been in practice for more than 1-2 years? Why does your income increase as a partner?
Because you are a "partner" in the business, not an employee. As a Partner there are various benefits, not limited to profit sharing on a equal basis with other partners. You are also usually harder to fire or let go.
 

MedWiz

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2005
46
0
Status
SleepIsGood said:
dude did you hear about this new type of single engined plane that's out there. apparently the actual plane itself has a parachute!!!
You are probably talking about the Cirrus SR20 or SR22: http://www.cirrusdesign.com/aircraft/safety/index.html It has a parachute rescue system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirrus_Aircraft_Parachute_System) and also features state of the art, glass cockpit-avionics: http://www.cirrusdesign.com/aircraft/avionics/

Nonetheless, the use of the parachute is quite controversial
 
About the Ads