Anesthesia Staffing Plan with Physicians Only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Military is about right with the numbers. Most MDAs will walk away from those numbers and look for greener pastures. The hospital bean counters who 24/7 look for ways to cut cost fail to see the palpable benefits of an all MD group. They are reluctant to give stipends or even employ the MDs with a salary. Reimbursement goes lower every year and your work load goes up. The surgeons could care less but just make sure you can give him 2 rooms even though he has 3 cases.You mindlessly and without reimbursement twiddle your thumbs as you wait for him to get back from his office. The bottom line is that if you have the anesthesia contract at a hospital you better damn sure have a substantial stipend or be employed with a comfortable salary with bennies. Regards, ---Zip

Members don't see this ad.

militarymd said:
Yeah, she looked over my shoulder, and then called us all ******s as she walked out of my office.

That's funny. My wife looks over my shoulder while I am on the computer also. When I am on one of these threads that goes back and forth saying absolutely nothing I quickly change the screen b/c I am too embarassed by the immaturity displayed. :laugh:

Noyac said:
That's funny. My wife looks over my shoulder while I am on the computer also. When I am on one of these threads that goes back and forth saying absolutely nothing I quickly change the screen b/c I am too embarassed by the immaturity displayed. :laugh:

if you guys have wives, what in the world are you doing being in the forum? Shouldn't you be getting it on or out cruising in your M3?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the moral of the davvid/nitecap story is that these boards are not as anonymous as we think, and that you had better watch out what you say! I was just on the derm ez board. Some dude has apparently been bashing his residency program on the board. Turns out, one of his attendings has been reading the board for years and called the guy out!

RonaldColeman said:
I think the moral of the davvid/nitecap story is that these boards are not as anonymous as we think, and that you had better watch out what you say! I was just on the derm ez board. Some dude has apparently been bashing his residency program on the board. Turns out, one of his attendings has been reading the board for years and called the guy out!

That would really Suck.
I guess we won't be having any problems with your posts since we already know who you are, Ronald Coleman! :laugh:

Noyac said:
That would really Suck.
I guess we won't be having any problems with your posts since we already know who you are, Ronald Coleman! :laugh:

Well, google search ronnie coleman, and then tell me who would dare turn me in!

RonaldColeman said:
Well, google search ronnie coleman, and then tell me who would dare turn me in!

Just looking at that pic on google makes me think that you should be banned from this forum for 50 post due to substance abuse. If yuo are caught again, it will be a lifetime ban. :D

By the way, check out my post on the thread; Exercise and working out as an anesthesiologist. The one just after my workout.

I can take you Ronnie :laugh:

davvid2700 said:
amen again. I applaud you for making the committment and dedication to your field. thank you for your insight and i look forward to hearing other insightful posts..

Amen again Bro!!!

Ok, so enough of the fighting on the internet. My wife told me that fighting on the internet is like the special olympics....it doesn't matter who wins or who gets the last word....you're all still ******ed.

So clearly there is sentiment from the students/residents/more junior staff that:

1) physician only anesthesia care is superior
2) there is a "fight" for the profession underway where we need to get rid of the physician extenders.
3) that this is so important that we should take less money to prevent the anesthesia team model.

I will say that I disagree with all of the above. I have seen anesthesia practices across the country and in the military, and I just don't think any of the above is accurate.

So, here is my question to all you folks who want to get rid of the anesthesia care team.

How do you plan on staffing all the anesthetizing locations that exist and are going to increase over the next 10 years?????

I would like to hear your plans beyond ....I'm going to a meeting to tell my story.

I would like to hear concrete solution.

Here is the solution to my practice, and if I and my partners wanted to, could be implemented with full support from the hospital administration and surgeons.

1) fire all the CRNAs...they're hospital employees anyways, so it will be great for the hospital

2) hire anesthesiologists to sit on all the stools

3) Average income would be around 100,000 per year before taxes..this includes benefits (malpr, 401k, disabilit, etc.)....so gross would be around 170,000 per year.

I've been in the military for the last 11 years, and I made more than that.

Any of you residents who feel so strongly about MD only willing to take this deal???? Everyone gets paid the same, no partnership track....everyone partner from day one.