militarymd

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
5,889
19
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Ok, so enough of the fighting on the internet. My wife told me that fighting on the internet is like the special olympics....it doesn't matter who wins or who gets the last word....you're all still ******ed.

So clearly there is sentiment from the students/residents/more junior staff that:

1) physician only anesthesia care is superior
2) there is a "fight" for the profession underway where we need to get rid of the physician extenders.
3) that this is so important that we should take less money to prevent the anesthesia team model.

I will say that I disagree with all of the above. I have seen anesthesia practices across the country and in the military, and I just don't think any of the above is accurate.

So, here is my question to all you folks who want to get rid of the anesthesia care team.

How do you plan on staffing all the anesthetizing locations that exist and are going to increase over the next 10 years?????

I would like to hear your plans beyond ....I'm going to a meeting to tell my story.

I would like to hear concrete solution.

Here is the solution to my practice, and if I and my partners wanted to, could be implemented with full support from the hospital administration and surgeons.

1) fire all the CRNAs...they're hospital employees anyways, so it will be great for the hospital

2) hire anesthesiologists to sit on all the stools

3) Average income would be around 100,000 per year before taxes..this includes benefits (malpr, 401k, disabilit, etc.)....so gross would be around 170,000 per year.

I've been in the military for the last 11 years, and I made more than that.

Any of you residents who feel so strongly about MD only willing to take this deal???? Everyone gets paid the same, no partnership track....everyone partner from day one.
 

jwk

CAA, ASA-PAC Contributor
15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2004
3,731
940
Atlanta, GA
Ahhhh, the voice of real-world experience and common sense... :thumbup:
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
militarymd said:
Ok, so enough of the fighting on the internet. My wife told me that fighting on the internet is like the special olympics....it doesn't matter who wins or who gets the last word....you're all still ******ed.

So clearly there is sentiment from the students/residents/more junior staff that:

1) physician only anesthesia care is superior
2) there is a "fight" for the profession underway where we need to get rid of the physician extenders.
3) that this is so important that we should take less money to prevent the anesthesia team model.

I will say that I disagree with all of the above. I have seen anesthesia practices across the country and in the military, and I just don't think any of the above is accurate.

So, here is my question to all you folks who want to get rid of the anesthesia care team.

How do you plan on staffing all the anesthetizing locations that exist and are going to increase over the next 10 years?????

I would like to hear your plans beyond ....I'm going to a meeting to tell my story.

I would like to hear concrete solution.

Here is the solution to my practice, and if I and my partners wanted to, could be implemented with full support from the hospital administration and surgeons.

1) fire all the CRNAs...they're hospital employees anyways, so it will be great for the hospital

2) hire anesthesiologists to sit on all the stools

3) Average income would be around 100,000 per year before taxes..this includes benefits (malpr, 401k, disabilit, etc.)....so gross would be around 170,000 per year.

I've been in the military for the last 11 years, and I made more than that.

Any of you residents who feel so strongly about MD only willing to take this deal???? Everyone gets paid the same, no partnership track....everyone partner from day one.
YOu live to torture me..


I got to get out of here and hit the gym and some weights and get back to you when im fueled..

I work for an all md practice. We have like 15 docs with 3 people off everyday. and i make mid- high 200's.. I dont know where you are getting your 100K figure.
 
About the Ads

Noyac

ASA Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2005
8,009
2,766
Status
Attending Physician
I have been a part of both models. I was in a large "Team" model b/4 joining my current group w/c is a 5 member MD only group. I see benefits to both. First of all, the team model makes more money, and can be more effeicient. You can have nurses and AA's do everything while you run around all day putting out fires, doing pre-ops, blocks, consults, etc. This model leads to a very busy day, as Mil has described before. It also allows for some people to hide and do nothing. The MD only model has less headache by far and is a much slower pace all while making less $$. I took a small pay cut to come to my current job (definitely not starving). I don't mind b/c I live exactly where I want to live. In order to make this MD only model attractive at all we need to be hosp. employees. Otherwise, we wouldn't make squat. The hosp. approached me and my partners about hiring nurses for our soon to open surgery center. We showed them that it would have been just as costly to hire 2-3 nurses as it would to hire 1 more MD and put an MD in every room. And nurses can't take call so more burden on the MD's. So in team models you tend to do more call cause there are less MD's to share it.

I am in a semi rural area. Local trauma center and all services provided except heads. I think that there is the oportunity to get MD's to go to rural areas but it is only going to be as hosp. employees as far as I can tell. This is not a bad deal if you work it out right. I think as I have said b/4 that physician extenders are here to stay. However, their roles can be controlled somewhat if we are smart about it. I am not for indepence whatsoever. I gotta say the care in my current job is better than my previous job (don't mean to offend some of you). So IMHO, if you want to go to a MD only practice in a smaller town then youare goingto be a hosp. employee most likely. This is not a bad gig but your hosp. has to understand what services you are bringingto their facility and then they will pay accordingly.
Gotta cut it short for now.
 

militarymd

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
5,889
19
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
davvid2700 said:
YOu live to torture me..
You torture me in return...so we're even.. :D


davvid2700 said:
I work for an all md practice. We have like 15 docs with 3 people off everyday. and i make mid- high 200's.. I dont know where you are getting your 100K figure.
Payer demographics, insurance reimburse, type of insurance, and OR efficiency all factor into the income.

For my hospital, because of its inefficiency (surgeons with 2 rooms, etc.), the total revenue generated per anesthetizing location is very low despite high private insurance rates.

Based on the revenue that we generate right now, and dividing it into the increased number of MDs that we would need yields the figure that I quoted.....a figure lower than what I made in the Navy, while working longer hours....not harder, because of the down time between cases.

The surgeons WOULD NOT support the all MD model if it met they lost their second room, so if we go all MD, we wind up making the quoted figure.

The surgeons feel that CRNAs sitting in the room is fine.....outcome here in the last 10 years....nothing bad...everyone goes home fine...so that's what I have.

100,000 does not include benefits....gross IS 170,000 and change..if your figure includes benefits then it would be similar to pay here, but I suspect your gross is 300,000+.....right? mid 200's plus benefits.
 

militarymd

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
5,889
19
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Noyac,

I'm not sure why, but some hospitals are not willing to have physicians for employees....Some will, but ours definitely will do anything to not have employee physicians.

A number of hospitals are currently changing their employees to independent contractor status...meaning they have to bill for their own services...meaning...significant decrease in $$$

Loveless (sp?) in Alburqurque , NM is doing that....I've run across at least one other hospital in the last year that did that....leaving all MD groups making my quoted figures.
 

Noyac

ASA Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2005
8,009
2,766
Status
Attending Physician
militarymd said:
Noyac,

I'm not sure why, but some hospitals are not willing to have physicians for employees....Some will, but ours definitely will do anything to not have employee physicians.

A number of hospitals are currently changing their employees to independent contractor status...meaning they have to bill for their own services...meaning...significant decrease in $$$

Loveless (sp?) in Alburqurque , NM is doing that....I've run across at least one other hospital in the last year that did that....leaving all MD groups making my quoted figures.
Yeah, my hosp. did not want to employ Physicains either. Then they figured it out. They can either hire the MD's or pay them a stipend to make up the difference. Otherwise, no anesthesia. They could theoretically go with an all nurse staff for anesthesia services but as you know they will not have many services provided if there are not any MD's and the others (hospitalists, surgeons, etc.) would have to take on the burdens of not having anesthesiologists. The other physicians wanted MD anesthesia and the hosp. had to oblige(?). recently, it was reported that hospals are paying stipends to a larger portion of anesthesia groups around the country. I think it was more than 70% (but don't quote me) of the groups were receiving a stipend from their hosp. Some of these stipends were, as you hosp. does, hiring crna's for your group to supervise and bill for (not sure if you bill for them). To comment on your last line "leaving all MD's making my quoted figures." The hosp's will only get the lesser skilled MD for that salary and the occassional person that really wants to live there. My hosp. had to up the ante to get the group we have now. Interesting times in anesthesia for sure.
 

toughlife

Resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2004
1,834
3
Status
Resident [Any Field]
militarymd said:
Ok, so enough of the fighting on the internet. My wife told me that fighting on the internet is like the special olympics....it doesn't matter who wins or who gets the last word....you're all still ******ed.

So clearly there is sentiment from the students/residents/more junior staff that:

1) physician only anesthesia care is superior
2) there is a "fight" for the profession underway where we need to get rid of the physician extenders.
3) that this is so important that we should take less money to prevent the anesthesia team model.

I will say that I disagree with all of the above. I have seen anesthesia practices across the country and in the military, and I just don't think any of the above is accurate.

So, here is my question to all you folks who want to get rid of the anesthesia care team.

How do you plan on staffing all the anesthetizing locations that exist and are going to increase over the next 10 years?????

I would like to hear your plans beyond ....I'm going to a meeting to tell my story.

I would like to hear concrete solution.

Here is the solution to my practice, and if I and my partners wanted to, could be implemented with full support from the hospital administration and surgeons.

1) fire all the CRNAs...they're hospital employees anyways, so it will be great for the hospital

2) hire anesthesiologists to sit on all the stools

3) Average income would be around 100,000 per year before taxes..this includes benefits (malpr, 401k, disabilit, etc.)....so gross would be around 170,000 per year.

I've been in the military for the last 11 years, and I made more than that.

Any of you residents who feel so strongly about MD only willing to take this deal???? Everyone gets paid the same, no partnership track....everyone partner from day one.

I'd take 170K a year.
 

thegasman

ASA Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2003
354
1
southeast
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
militarymd said:
Ok, so enough of the fighting on the internet. My wife told me that fighting on the internet is like the special olympics....it doesn't matter who wins or who gets the last word....you're all still ******ed.

So clearly there is sentiment from the students/residents/more junior staff that:

1) physician only anesthesia care is superior
2) there is a "fight" for the profession underway where we need to get rid of the physician extenders.
3) that this is so important that we should take less money to prevent the anesthesia team model.

I will say that I disagree with all of the above. I have seen anesthesia practices across the country and in the military, and I just don't think any of the above is accurate.

So, here is my question to all you folks who want to get rid of the anesthesia care team.

How do you plan on staffing all the anesthetizing locations that exist and are going to increase over the next 10 years?????

I would like to hear your plans beyond ....I'm going to a meeting to tell my story.

I would like to hear concrete solution.

Here is the solution to my practice, and if I and my partners wanted to, could be implemented with full support from the hospital administration and surgeons.

1) fire all the CRNAs...they're hospital employees anyways, so it will be great for the hospital

2) hire anesthesiologists to sit on all the stools

3) Average income would be around 100,000 per year before taxes..this includes benefits (malpr, 401k, disabilit, etc.)....so gross would be around 170,000 per year.

I've been in the military for the last 11 years, and I made more than that.

Any of you residents who feel so strongly about MD only willing to take this deal???? Everyone gets paid the same, no partnership track....everyone partner from day one.

I personally think that anesthesia care team in its ideal form as we anesthesiologists see it is a great way to practice. But if you are supervising a CRNA, you are ultimately responsible for the outcome. And how many hotshot CRNA/SRNA have we seen on here who think they are better/know better than we are. Can we trust them to do the right thing? I've seen and heard of CRNAs doing whatever they want when the attending is not around in contradiction to instructions. I've also seen a lot of CRNAs who are slack and give substandard care (CRNA says "oh we don't need to have LMAs on hand for backup, I know I can intubate this kid")---some residents and other MDs are this way too - but to me the most concerning thing is having responsibility for direction of a case where someone else is providing the anesthetic---how do I know they are doing a good job and not in there just f***ing things up. The CRNAs often resent the attendings too, they say hey we are doing all the work, they are getting the respect and the money, what do we need them for we could do this by ourselves. Anesthesia care team? It only works in my mind if everyone is on board. Don't get me wrong -- I have seen some great CRNAs who work well with MDs, (and some crappy MDs too), but the idea is only good if both parties do what they should and have their minds right.
 

nitecap

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
359
0
Status
According to both Medical and Nurse Practice acts, If you are a MD and Supervising a CRNA. And that CRNA is belived to be competent in both your eyes, eyes of your associates, of expert witnesses. And that CRNA makes a call when you are out of the room, without consulting anyone and it is within their scope of practice stated in the Nursing practice act as well as AANA standards of care, and that judgement call harms the patient then that MD is not liable for an independent judgement made by the presumed to be competent CRNA.

Now if a great personally injury lawyer spins the law ans facts then I suppose anything is possible, Im just saying legally thats what both practice acts state. Thats what they teach me in school (crna). Thats what I read in the Texas occupations code and texas administration code.
 

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
5,858
113
level at FL210
Status
thegasman said:
I personally think that anesthesia care team in its ideal form as we anesthesiologists see it is a great way to practice. But if you are supervising a CRNA, you are ultimately responsible for the outcome. And how many hotshot CRNA/SRNA have we seen on here who think they are better/know better than we are. Can we trust them to do the right thing? I've seen and heard of CRNAs doing whatever they want when the attending is not around in contradiction to instructions. I've also seen a lot of CRNAs who are slack and give substandard care (CRNA says "oh we don't need to have LMAs on hand for backup, I know I can intubate this kid")---some residents and other MDs are this way too - but to me the most concerning thing is having responsibility for direction of a case where someone else is providing the anesthetic---how do I know they are doing a good job and not in there just f***ing things up. The CRNAs often resent the attendings too, they say hey we are doing all the work, they are getting the respect and the money, what do we need them for we could do this by ourselves. Anesthesia care team? It only works in my mind if everyone is on board. Don't get me wrong -- I have seen some great CRNAs who work well with MDs, (and some crappy MDs too), but the idea is only good if both parties do what they should and have their minds right.
THEGASMAN,

welcome to SDN anesthesia.

We are looking forward to more of your intuitive posts.
 

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
5,858
113
level at FL210
Status
nitecap said:
According to both Medical and Nurse Practice acts, If you are a MD and Supervising a CRNA. And that CRNA is belived to be competent in both your eyes, eyes of your associates, of expert witnesses. And that CRNA makes a call when you are out of the room, without consulting anyone and it is within their scope of practice stated in the Nursing practice act as well as AANA standards of care, and that judgement call harms the patient then that MD is not liable for an independent judgement made by the presumed to be competent CRNA.

Now if a great personally injury lawyer spins the law ans facts then I suppose anything is possible, Im just saying legally thats what both practice acts state. Thats what they teach me in school (crna). Thats what I read in the Texas occupations code and texas administration code.
Nitecap,

If you project your obviously (sometimes) knowledgable mindset in the right fashion, you will make a great contribution to the anesthesia realm.

You will contribute to our profession, and you will make a great living for yourself, commensurate to your personal sacrifice.

Heres my advice. And I know you will resent it, but I'm gonna give it to you anyway.

Anesthesiologists are the czars of anesthesia. We struggled, stressed, lost relationships, put everything on hold...

in order to get accepted to medical school. We survived the acceptance onslaught.

And finished medical school, four years of our lives sacrificed to learn physiology and pathophysiolgy.

Then we went to residency.

We were slaves for four years.

All along, though, we learned our craft.

Not in a protocol-based-reaction-realm, but in a I'm-doing-this-because-of-that realm.

Our knowledge base is on a different level than yours.

We emerged from residency ready to practice medicine .....which is different than putting the tube in, turning the sevo dial counterclockwise to the desired level, and sitting down to start your chart.

We start cases, and cancel cases. We initiate regional anesthesia, and refuse regional anesthesia.

We look at an INR different than you. An INR of 1.3 may be OK for regional, if we say so.

Accept this, do your part, and you will succeed.

You are not trained to practice medicine.

We are.
 

nitecap

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
359
0
Status
jetproppilot said:
Nitecap,

If you project your obviously (sometimes) knowledgable mindset in the right fashion, you will make a great contribution to the anesthesia realm.

You will contribute to our profession, and you will make a great living for yourself, commensurate to your personal sacrifice.

Heres my advice. And I know you will resent it, but I'm gonna give it to you anyway.

Anesthesiologists are the czars of anesthesia. We struggled, stressed, lost relationships, put everything on hold...

in order to get accepted to medical school. We survived the acceptance onslaught.

And finished medical school, four years of our lives sacrificed to learn physiology and pathophysiolgy.

Then we went to residency.

We were slaves for four years.

All along, though, we learned our craft.

Not in a protocol-based-reaction-realm, but in a I'm-doing-this-because-of-that realm.

Our knowledge base is on a different level than yours.

We emerged from residency ready to practice medicine .....which is different than putting the tube in, turning the sevo dial counterclockwise to the desired level, and sitting down to start your chart.

We start cases, and cancel cases. We initiate regional anesthesia, and refuse regional anesthesia.

We look at an INR different than you. An INR of 1.3 may be OK for regional, if we say so.

Accept this, do your part, and you will succeed.

You are not trained to practice medicine.

We are.
Not taking anything the wrong way. I respect your training as well and knowledge and any sacrafices you have made along the way.

I understand, accept, and respect that your scope of practice will always be greater than mine and that is not at all a botherson to me. I do believe how ever that I am intellegent and can learn what you do.

For instance lets say this super smart guy gets into medschool thinking orthopedic surgery all the way because his uncle does that. And maybe he had a lot of crap, personal issues to deal with and screwed up a few blocks and bombed a few tests. Not because he couldnt, just because he didnt make the grade. So he only matches with IM and is totally displeased, because he knows he is as intelligent as the guy who got the ortho match. So what, could this guy not be a great surgeon after that intense training that surgeons get. After ten years of training could this guys not be bright surgeon.

Like I said man I respect your knowledge, experience ect, and not shiznit talking at all believe me. I just believe that sometimes you guys try to rank and assess intellegence and brilliance on test scores and torture/painful ordeals that you were subjected to in residency. Just because you took a certain test and did better on it than the guy next to you doesnt mean that that guy isnt as bright, doesnt mean he has a lesser IQ, doesnt mean he cant be just as successful as you, and doesnt mean he cant do something and get the same good outcome.

CRNA's in the rural arena make non protocol descisions based on great experience everyday JPP. It seems as though you work with more of the complainsent not to say lazy, but I guess just not that motivated CRNA's. maybe older ones, not sure.

If the Czar status/title is what you desire than you can rightfully have it, I will just be that soldier in the field leading my team, family, community, coworkers to brighter outcomes and hopefully futures.
 
About the Ads

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
5,858
113
level at FL210
Status
militarymd said:
My wife told me that fighting on the internet is like the special olympics....it doesn't matter who wins or who gets the last word....you're all still ******ed.

So clearly there is sentiment from the students/residents/more junior staff that:

1) physician only anesthesia care is superior
2) there is a "fight" for the profession underway where we need to get rid of the physician extenders.
3) that this is so important that we should take less money to prevent the anesthesia team model.

I will say that I disagree with all of the above. I have seen anesthesia practices across the country and in the military, and I just don't think any of the above is accurate.

So, here is my question to all you folks who want to get rid of the anesthesia care team.

How do you plan on staffing all the anesthetizing locations that exist and are going to increase over the next 10 years?????

I would like to hear your plans beyond ....I'm going to a meeting to tell my story.

I would like to hear concrete solution.

Here is the solution to my practice, and if I and my partners wanted to, could be implemented with full support from the hospital administration and surgeons.

1) fire all the CRNAs...they're hospital employees anyways, so it will be great for the hospital

2) hire anesthesiologists to sit on all the stools

3) Average income would be around 100,000 per year before taxes..this includes benefits (malpr, 401k, disabilit, etc.)....so gross would be around 170,000 per year.

I've been in the military for the last 11 years, and I made more than that.

Any of you residents who feel so strongly about MD only willing to take this deal???? Everyone gets paid the same, no partnership track....everyone partner from day one.
First of all, Mil, I commend you.

Posting "My wife told me..." shows that you are a dedicated husband and father. Congrats on being able to see through this era's temporary-family view. Sounds like you wont be a victim of the greater-than-50% divorce rate in the US, which leaves helpless kids hopelessly stranded.

Secondly, I cant come to your group for 100K.

Or 200k.

Or 300K.

Sorry.
 

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
5,858
113
level at FL210
Status
nitecap said:
Not taking anything the wrong way. I respect your training as well and knowledge and any sacrafices you have made along the way.

I understand, accept, and respect that your scope of practice will always be greater than mine and that is not at all a botherson to me. I do believe how ever that I am intellegent and can learn what you do.

For instance lets say this super smart guy gets into medschool thinking orthopedic surgery all the way because his uncle does that. And maybe he had a lot of crap, personal issues to deal with and screwed up a few blocks and bombed a few tests. Not because he couldnt, just because he didnt make the grade. So he only matches with IM and is totally displeased, because he knows he is as intelligent as the guy who got the ortho match. So what, could this guy not be a great surgeon after that intense training that surgeons get. After ten years of training could this guys not be bright surgeon.

Like I said man I respect your knowledge, experience ect, and not shiznit talking at all believe me. I just believe that sometimes you guys try to rank and assess intellegence and brilliance on test scores and torture/painful ordeals that you were subjected to in residency. Just because you took a certain test and did better on it than the guy next to you doesnt mean that that guy isnt as bright, doesnt mean he has a lesser IQ, doesnt mean he cant be just as successful as you, and doesnt mean he cant do something and get the same good outcome.

CRNA's in the rural arena make non protocol descisions based on great experience everyday JPP. It seems as though you work with more of the complainsent not to say lazy, but I guess just not that motivated CRNA's. maybe older ones, not sure.

If the Czar status/title is what you desire than you can rightfully have it, I will just be that soldier in the field leading my team, family, community, coworkers to brighter outcomes and hopefully futures.
OH NO, bro.

CZAR status is beyond unimportant to me. My 2 year old's peace/security/happiness means more to me than any stupidass job.

But reality is reality. I am a doctor, and you are a nurse.

When I was 24 years old, I picked my profession.

When you were X years old, you picked yours.

Lets not gray the lines here.
 

nitecap

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
359
0
Status
hello, why are you looking at my posts.
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
nitecap said:
I would really love to see that if one day science was so advanced that they could put probes on your head. Take say you and the best CRNA you know. Put them in similar clinical situation and see what paths they think on and what outcomes would be better.

Perhaps maybe this could happen if neutral researchers got together. Hand picked groups of great practitioners in each profession and did mock cases on simulators and tracked interventions done solve problems and methods or ways of doing things. Then compliled the data, see who reacted fasted, choose the best intervention ect. Would love to see that.
what do YOU think the outcome of the research would be?
 

nitecap

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
359
0
Status
you guys are weak, I would crush you head to head no digity no doubt
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
nitecap said:
My guess is that the research would show that in many of the what ever categories that they research that interventions done by the CRNA parallels for the most part the intervention done by the MDA, with not much alterations in thinking patterns either. After all Dave you forget, MD's do train us for the most part.

I as well believe that for your average case the outcomes would be rather equivalent.

Now for transplants, VAD insertions ect, procedures that usually take place at large teaching hospitals with maybe no CRNA's at all, MD's would be most likely have better outcomes s/t lack of CRNA experience in managing these patients. But everyone knows that these types of cases represent a small portion of the overall market.

Dude you talk way too much "s h i t" for someone who hasnt even finished one year in crna.. They must be teaching you some serious stuff at "Baylor".
Maybe I should call over there and talk to the chairwoman Lydia something or another is it conlay and ask her how crnas in her department can be disrespecting the knowledge of physicians. Its funny I have a friend over there and one at ben taub, IS today friday, well maybe i will wait til monday to call my friend to find out who you are. and if you are as awesome as you think you are.
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
hey is the search button working? Ill get ahold of your posts.. print those bad boys up and send it in to lydia et al....
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
maybe i should just get ask my friends to forward the posts to james "jimmy" walker.. he is the director isnt he?
 

nitecap

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
359
0
Status
davvid2700 said:
maybe i should just get ask my friends to forward the posts to james "jimmy" walker.. he is the director isnt he?

A great director at that, best in the country Id atest.
 
About the Ads

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
nitecap said:
I knew you couldnt take it man, be a man dude, this is a forum. And we are in a debate, discussion, aurguement, whatever you want to call it. You start more crap on this forum than anyone. Excuss me for sticking up for myself when someone talks s h itttt, do what you have to do though man. IF that makes you the better person, since you cant boot up and keep it on the forum. I have the utmost respect for the Baylor program residency, CRNA, Med school and have done nothing but support it here and on other forums. As people still do have freedom of speech last time I checked. As well this is a discreet forum, and you would have no proof of person as SDN has in its terms and conditions that they can not give info out legally unless warranted by criminal investigation.

Dude say i wont do it.. say it.. cmon.. call me a p u s sy once more.. I will call you out!.. I dont need to know who you are! Ill just print out all of your b u l l s h i t and send it to them.. Maybe ill make several copies..
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
they will figure out who you are ... maybe you WILL be working in podunk oklahoma after they find out how you really feel.. Houston is a small anesthesia community as you well know
 

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
5,858
113
level at FL210
Status
nitecap said:
Not gonna say you wont do it, but it doesnt make you a man if you do, or a man now that you have that info. Thats cool though, I will plan for the worst. You should really cool down though before you make a descision like this really. In your case if anything negatively did occur with me, the retaliation would me imense, widespread and smearing. I mean I already have your first name and location. And I doubt the anesthesia community where you are is even 5% the size of the one here. Enough with the threats, you wanna play hardball on the forum and thats what you will get, if not then mind your business and Ill mind mine.
Anyone adversely affecting someone elses career based on an internet forum exchange needs to find a hobby.
 

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
5,858
113
level at FL210
Status
davvid2700 said:
they will figure out who you are ... maybe you WILL be working in podunk oklahoma after they find out how you really feel.. Houston is a small anesthesia community as you well know
David,

I dont know you, and you dont know me.

But your threats of adversely affecting someone else's career is over the edge.

Pissed off?

Great. I respect that. Tell the dude to go f uck himself, or whatever you feel necessary for catharsis.

But threatening with letters, email, etc is pansy ass b ull****.

Step down on that s hit.
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
nitecap said:
Not gonna say you wont do it, but it doesnt make you a man if you do, or a man now that you have that info. Thats cool though, I will plan for the worst. You should really cool down though before you make a descision like this really. In your case if anything negatively did occur with me, the retaliation would me imense, widespread and smearing. I mean I already have your first name and location. And I doubt the anesthesia community where you are is even 5% the size of the one here. Enough with the threats, you wanna play hardball on the forum and thats what you will get, if not then mind your business and Ill mind mine.

Listen, im not gonna do it..

one more of your b u l l s h i t comments Im gonna do it. I think the program directors over at Baylor COLLEGE OF MEDICINE anesthesia department and over at ben taub general should know that they are training a crna who has absolutely no respect for the mds.That is not a safe thing. IF you wanna play that s h i t go into practice in montana. DOnt play that when you are training at a world class institution learning from world class physicians.. I think an apology is in order not for me but for everyone who worked as hard as they did on this board to have somone like you belittle their accomplishments and achievements with your rhetoric.

Be careful with your response
 

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
5,858
113
level at FL210
Status
davvid2700 said:
Listen, im not gonna do it..

one more of your b u l l s h i t comments Im gonna do it. I think the program directors over at Baylor COLLEGE OF MEDICINE anesthesia department and over at ben taub general should know that they are training a crna who has absolutely no respect for the mds.That is not a safe thing. IF you wanna play that s h i t go into practice in montana. DOnt play that when you are training at a world class institution learning from world class physicians.. I think an apology is in order not for me but for everyone who worked as hard as they did on this board to have somone like you belittle their accomplishments and achievements with your rhetoric.

Be careful with your response

Again, bro, you are crossing the line with your tantalizing rhetoric.

You're using below-the-belt tactics.
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
jetproppilot said:
Again, bro, you are crossing the line with your tantalizing rhetoric.

You're using below-the-belt tactics.

dude he was asking for it. You think I enjoy doing that kind of s h i t. I still got your number nitecap.. Have a good night
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
and we're waiting for some kind words from you.. That is if you decide to come back and play with us. since we dont have social skills
 
About the Ads

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
5,858
113
level at FL210
Status
davvid2700 said:
and we're waiting for some kind words from you.. That is if you decide to come back and play with us. since we dont have social skills
I've been where you are when it comes to your emotional/anger levels with a poster you adamantly disagree with.

Just keep your opinions on the forum.
 

militarymd

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
5,889
19
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
jetproppilot said:
Secondly, I cant come to your group for 100K.

Or 200k.

Or 300K.

Sorry.
I believe that 's my point of this thread.
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
nitecap said:
Listen man I respect my the attendings where I train, I have never said other wise. this is a forum man, its annonymos, you can say what you want, piss people off, tell people to eat a dickk if you want, thats the beauty of it. I think we are just both to proud to step down, I understand that. I have nothing against you personally man, maybe I dont care for your total anti CRNA ways, and I stand up for my profession as you would do the same for yours. Seems to me that I am doing the right thing to benefit me, my profession and my future lively hood. Hey I understand you are anti CRNA but not only are you anti CRNA but you daily try to actively smear the profession and anyone involved with the profession even other MD's here that work in the ACT. If CRNA's never stood up to people with your mindset then we would be crap in the publics eyes then our profession goes down the drain. So their is me, aggressive, cocky, eager, fiesty, and Im just not gonna let you continue to dog the profession out without getting in my shots, plain and simple. You shouldnt take it so personally man. As passionate as you seem about what you do I would expect no less from you if If i was always dogging the MDA route out.

I have never once said that I am an MD, or that MD's suck, or that I am better than an MD. You can search all my posts over the last year, and you will not find that. I merely state that anesthesia can be given safely and effectively with positive outcomes by 2 different providers, one a MD and one a Nurse. You have yet to accept this fact, and are bitter and defensive about it, and that probrably wont change, as my views wont either.

As for respect, I respect attendings in the OR, for what they teach, what they do, their commitment to education and the time they put in to teach me as well as others. But like I said man, you earn respect. If you are a dick attending that everyone hates, no matter if you are the master or not, people still dont respect that person. They may show that particular authority figure respect, but not really respect them.

Bottom line is, there are many MD's here that I respect that have all have the same training you have. I respect them because they for the most part are respectful posters. Even if their views conflict with others. You are always on here starting crap man, with me, crnas, mds. Push your agenda man, go for it, its your right to but you dont have to piss off everyone on the forum just to get your point across. Sometimes you just have to at least consider other peoples points and ways of doing things and realize that your way may not be the right way for everyone.

If the things you pushed were even remotly realistic without drastically effecting anesthesia availabilty for millions of citizens than I may even try to understand you. I mean you work in a all MD practice what do you have to worry about, are there CRNA only groups and ACT groups trying to take your contracts away. Is there direct competition now between you and CRNA's. I bet you probrably couldnt even find a handfull of locations in the country where a MDA cant get a job because the CRNA's have control of that market. I understand that is your fear but face it, its not the case. The CRNA's that work in Urban areas work for the MD, making him more money. And the rural higher paid crna works where no md's even want to drive through. This battle dates back 100 years with each side aurguing the same things and points, and both fields have progressed immensly as times have changed earning more money and power.

As for the personal threats that is not why I am an active poster here. Its wrong for you to even consider it man. This is an internet forum. I could see if i punked you out in public or something then that might warrant action, but dude know one even knows us, so chill. And I dont owe anyone an apology, I think everyone on here is mature enough to take things as they come, and not get so damn worked up over a little shi tt talking.

I hope we have some what of a better understanding. Dont think because you have a little piece of info about me that Im going to stand down, or do anything less. And dont think that I wont call you out if you are trash talking me thats for sure. Besides that we can debate and state each others views and points all night. The personal s hit has to go man. Will definetly contact the SDN administrators, not the ones on this board, but the real man to let them know whats up. Things will only get ugly if you want them to man, its your move.

Your propaganda is all bull****. go look back at your posts about "telling residents how to study" and "be a man" b u l l s h i t". all of a sudden when i call you out on it you cower down "as you should" and say " well i never said I was better than an MD". Yes you did . Not only that you were putting down my education and training and sacrifice along with those of the other people on this board who are attendings or working very hard towards that end. I want every trainee on this board to have the right information and you are spouting b u l l s h i t. giving out false information. "talking out of your a s s h o le" Listen I do know where you are training. I dont have any personal information on you. So it cannot be slander or liable. plus im not gonna say anything bad about you. "The thing speaks for itself" All i have to do is forward all the posts to teh appropriate people at baylor and they will find out who you are. I have freinds there. I know 2 people on this board that are interviewing there in the near future. Probably not that hard. SO i ask you the same question that you ask me ? do you want things to get ugly? Put all this stuff on a scale and figure out what weighs more. Whats important to you? What you want in the future? You dont need to be explaining yourself to anybody. And although this board is anonymous you should not be going out of your way to piss people off. only a kid does this.. so be careful, get your scale out put all the stuff i have told you on the scale and figure out what is important!!!
 

jwk

CAA, ASA-PAC Contributor
15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2004
3,731
940
Atlanta, GA
David and nitecap - y'all need to GET A FRIGGIN' GRIP!!!
 

threepeas

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
201
3
Status
i was an ER PA before going to medschool and am very interested in anesthesiology. I was one of the more accomplished PAs in my field. I worked in trauma surgery/ critical care before going to ER. I did at least 1500 invasive procedures in the ICU before going to the ER. I had alot of frustration in the ER because although not nearly as well trained I had better common sense and judgement than 1/3 of the docs, i was exceptional with my hands and doing what was best for the patient. Even though I had alot of confidence and picked up the basics very well, I felt I "created" good luck more than "practiced" good medicine. When I made a mistake the doc is the one who took the heat too. I felt guilty about this. I wanted to take full responsibility for my actions so I made the committment to go to medschool and drag my wife and 3 kids with me. The ER is a similar environment as anesthesia because of the inherent badness that can occur at any moment and this is a volatile environment for physician extenders to work in. An ER doc once told me two things that I believe ring true. physician extenders are by definition lazy compared to docs because they took the easiest road. they trained for two years instead of 8. i didnt want to admit it at the time but i believe it is true except that it is not true laziness but a difference in level of committment. it is the difference between a true professional who is dedicated to the field, research and society at large and takes personal responsibility when the **** hits the fan versus being a worker bee (although potentially a good one that is needed). second, physician extenders are excellent when the scope of practice is narrow such as occurs in walkin clinic medicine or doing a procedure that anyone with skill can be trained to do. what makes MDs special is their ability to deal with situations that have a wide variety of possibilities. the moral of my story is this. our health care system needs physician extenders, but their limits must be known. as a PA it is pounded into us that we are "dependent" practicioners. i dont think CRNAs and NPs have this humble attitude. they entered the frey through political measures but their role really makes no logical sense medically(take a nurse, give them minimal [2years] training, and say they can practice medicine). and worse they are constently trying to push the envelope to full independence. this is what annoys me and probally others. A PA knows his place and therefore is not a threat. CRNAs/NPs create an adversive atmosphere b/c they are politically/medically trying to manipulate things to gain more power and independence. i believe they are trying to cheat the system. so MDs job should not be to get rid of physician extenders, but to keep them in their place based on their training and experience. promote anesthesiology assistants, and redefine the role of NP/CRNAs to be clear they are "dependent" practicioners. if the physician extender wants more independence go to medschool and make the sacrifice.
 

toughlife

Resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2004
1,834
3
Status
Resident [Any Field]
threepeas said:
i was an ER PA before going to medschool and am very interested in anesthesiology. I was one of the more accomplished PAs in my field. I worked in trauma surgery/ critical care before going to ER. I did at least 1500 invasive procedures in the ICU before going to the ER. I had alot of frustration in the ER because although not nearly as well trained I had better common sense and judgement than 1/3 of the docs, i was exceptional with my hands and doing what was best for the patient. Even though I had alot of confidence and picked up the basics very well, I felt I "created" good luck more than "practiced" good medicine. When I made a mistake the doc is the one who took the heat too. I felt guilty about this. I wanted to take full responsibility for my actions so I made the committment to go to medschool and drag my wife and 3 kids with me. The ER is a similar environment as anesthesia because of the inherent badness that can occur at any moment and this is a volatile environment for physician extenders to work in. An ER doc once told me two things that I believe ring true. physician extenders are by definition lazy compared to docs because they took the easiest road. they trained for two years instead of 8. i didnt want to admit it at the time but i believe it is true except that it is not true laziness but a difference in level of committment. it is the difference between a true professional who is dedicated to the field, research and society at large and takes personal responsibility when the **** hits the fan versus being a worker bee (although potentially a good one that is needed). second, physician extenders are excellent when the scope of practice is narrow such as occurs in walkin clinic medicine or doing a procedure that anyone with skill can be trained to do. what makes MDs special is their ability to deal with situations that have a wide variety of possibilities. the moral of my story is this. our health care system needs physician extenders, but their limits must be known. as a PA it is pounded into us that we are "dependent" practicioners. i dont think CRNAs and NPs have this humble attitude. they entered the frey through political measures but their role really makes no logical sense medically(take a nurse, give them minimal [2years] training, and say they can practice medicine). and worse they are constently trying to push the envelope to full independence. this is what annoys me and probally others. A PA knows his place and therefore is not a threat. CRNAs/NPs create an adversive atmosphere b/c they are politically/medically trying to manipulate things to gain more power and independence. i believe they are trying to cheat the system. so MDs job should not be to get rid of physician extenders, but to keep them in their place based on their training and experience. promote anesthesiology assistants, and redefine the role of NP/CRNAs to be clear they are "dependent" practicioners. if the physician extender wants more independence go to medschool and make the sacrifice.

Amen brother!
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
threepeas said:
i was an ER PA before going to medschool and am very interested in anesthesiology. I was one of the more accomplished PAs in my field. I worked in trauma surgery/ critical care before going to ER. I did at least 1500 invasive procedures in the ICU before going to the ER. I had alot of frustration in the ER because although not nearly as well trained I had better common sense and judgement than 1/3 of the docs, i was exceptional with my hands and doing what was best for the patient. Even though I had alot of confidence and picked up the basics very well, I felt I "created" good luck more than "practiced" good medicine. When I made a mistake the doc is the one who took the heat too. I felt guilty about this. I wanted to take full responsibility for my actions so I made the committment to go to medschool and drag my wife and 3 kids with me. The ER is a similar environment as anesthesia because of the inherent badness that can occur at any moment and this is a volatile environment for physician extenders to work in. An ER doc once told me two things that I believe ring true. physician extenders are by definition lazy compared to docs because they took the easiest road. they trained for two years instead of 8. i didnt want to admit it at the time but i believe it is true except that it is not true laziness but a difference in level of committment. it is the difference between a true professional who is dedicated to the field, research and society at large and takes personal responsibility when the **** hits the fan versus being a worker bee (although potentially a good one that is needed). second, physician extenders are excellent when the scope of practice is narrow such as occurs in walkin clinic medicine or doing a procedure that anyone with skill can be trained to do. what makes MDs special is their ability to deal with situations that have a wide variety of possibilities. the moral of my story is this. our health care system needs physician extenders, but their limits must be known. as a PA it is pounded into us that we are "dependent" practicioners. i dont think CRNAs and NPs have this humble attitude. they entered the frey through political measures but their role really makes no logical sense medically(take a nurse, give them minimal [2years] training, and say they can practice medicine). and worse they are constently trying to push the envelope to full independence. this is what annoys me and probally others. A PA knows his place and therefore is not a threat. CRNAs/NPs create an adversive atmosphere b/c they are politically/medically trying to manipulate things to gain more power and independence. i believe they are trying to cheat the system. so MDs job should not be to get rid of physician extenders, but to keep them in their place based on their training and experience. promote anesthesiology assistants, and redefine the role of NP/CRNAs to be clear they are "dependent" practicioners. if the physician extender wants more independence go to medschool and make the sacrifice.
amen again. I applaud you for making the committment and dedication to your field. thank you for your insight and i look forward to hearing other insightful posts..
 

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
348
0
43
Status
nitecap said:
I said do what you have to do man, not intimindated by your Mke Tyson lets bite his ear off Tactics. You have no proof of anything.
Why are you still spouting? Monday is 2 days away. I have a fax machine and address. and motivation and a printer Do you want the program director at baylor wondering who this is a Srna talking "smack" You do not want that reputation at your level.(thats a statement) Trust me you dont. Just eat your "humble ass pie" and I will drop the issue. Thank you very much. And if you wanna be able to talk "s H i t" like the captain go to captain school and you can talk as much s h i t as you want and I will pat you on the back and say GO MAN>
 

jwk

CAA, ASA-PAC Contributor
15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2004
3,731
940
Atlanta, GA
davvid2700 said:
Why are you still spouting? Monday is 2 days away. I have a fax machine and address. and motivation and a printer Do you want the program director at baylor wondering who this is a Srna talking "smack" You do not want that reputation at your level.(thats a statement) Trust me you dont. Just eat your "humble ass pie" and I will drop the issue. Thank you very much. And if you wanna be able to talk "s H i t" like the captain go to captain school and you can talk as much s h i t as you want and I will pat you on the back and say GO MAN>
just like two little kids.......
 

apma77

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2003
435
0
Visit site
Status
another great MD vs CRNA debate............guys spare me the BS and talk about something that hasnt been grinded over n over

yes..all you CRNAs out there you have more knowledge than MDs ..now go away and leave us alone :eek:
 

militarymd

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
5,889
19
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
apma77 said:
another great MD vs CRNA debate............guys spare me the BS and talk about something that hasnt been grinded over n over

yes..all you CRNAs out there you have more knowledge than MDs ..now go away and leave us alone :eek:
Actually, I started to ask those who would have no CRNAs around about how they would staff all the anesthetizing locations that are out there...and will increase over the next 10 years.
 

militarymd

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
5,889
19
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Noyac said:
I think Mil's wife is the smartest person in the WORLD!!!!!
Yeah, she looked over my shoulder, and then called us all ******s as she walked out of my office.
 

nitecap

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
359
0
Status
dvid2007 has been a ghost since I punked him out
 
About the Ads