anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeshana

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anesthesia is the practice of perioperative MEDICINE NOT NURSING

Members don't see this ad.

mmkay. Is it possible someone is trying to start something? I dont think many will disagree with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anesthesia-noun; [an-uhs-thee-zhuh]-general or local insensibility, as to pain and other sensation, induced by certain interventions or drugs to permit the performance of surgery or other painful procedures or general loss of the senses of feeling, as pain, heat, cold, touch, and other less common varieties of sensation.

Or, as used in a sentence, "Hey anesthesia, the patient's moving!"

"Respondents from 107 countries (59% of all WHO Member States) reported that nurses do give anesthesia in their countries"..................................

"The respondents reported that in the hospitals where they work nurse anesthetists provide 85% of all anesthetists for Cesarean Sections; administer drugs to induce anesthesia (77%); perform tracheal intubation (74%); administer spinal anesthesia (57%); epidural anesthesia (44%); manage anesthetized patients intraoperatively (79%); perform tracheal extubation, (77%); and manage patients in immediate postoperative period, (54%).".......................

"Respondents from 107 countries (59% of all WHO Member States) reported that nurses do give anesthesia in their countries"..................................

"The respondents reported that in the hospitals where they work nurse anesthetists provide 85% of all anesthetists for Cesarean Sections; administer drugs to induce anesthesia (77%); perform tracheal intubation (74%); administer spinal anesthesia (57%); epidural anesthesia (44%); manage anesthetized patients intraoperatively (79%); perform tracheal extubation, (77%); and manage patients in immediate postoperative period, (54%).".......................

And what percentage of these procedures is done without supervision of an anesthesiologist? do you care to know?
How about without supervision of a physician?
or are you only interested in data that suits your points of view?

And what percentage of these procedures is done without supervision of an anesthesiologist? do you care to know?
How about without supervision of a physician?
or are you only interested in data that suits your points of view?

"Fifty-seven per cent of the respondents reported they were required to have a physician anesthetist supervise their work (most were from the European Region), 43% of the sample reported having no such requirement."...............

let me see...hold on...student...student do....

student DOCTOR.net.

You can return to AllNurses.com now.

let me see...hold on...student...student do....

student DOCTOR.net.

You can return to AllNurses.com now.
I got booted from there ;).... I couldn't stand the fact that they bashed soldiers for doing there job. War wasn't our decision but when you start blaming us then that is wrong.... I defended soldiers and got booted cuz of my "politics".

Hey I am not the enemy here, money and politics are the root of the evil. I have posted on here before (some sarcasm noted on my part) but overall this stuff gets old and I just wanted to throw a thought out there that our situation (CRNAs and Anesthesiologists) is not unique...... the line is grey for sure.

I didn't start this thread remember? I believe in this model http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r40_68.pdf

".....population living longer....... more and more surgical procedures performed per day.......... people demand care........... can't be in several places at once........ there will be plenty of work for all in the setting of their choice for many, many, many, many, many, many (infinity....) years to come.

But if you enjoy it, fight this fight that serves no useful purpose if you must"

Another thought:

You are familiar with statistics so you understand that the ASA will not (and knows this, just read the Federal Trade Commission transcripts from 2003) win the statistical argument. You would need millions of cases to see if there (if any) was a difference. Insurance companies and hospital CEOs also understand the implications of an infinitely small effect size. The reasons that CRNAs are not in jeopardy are 1) CRNAs have to ability not to work directly under an anesthesiologist and 2) CRNAs have the ability to offer a fiscally responsible option for hospitals to provide surgical and anesthesia services to their patients. Legislators know the value of an infinitely small effect size. Would you want to be the Governor who passes legislation that results in the immediate removal of services to thousands of potential voters?

I said it before, every anesthesia provider has a role, everyone will make more than enough money, and the smart people will enjoy themselves in the meantime. The AANA and the ASA better look out and quit fighting with each other as it has become very apparent that other agencies are implementing their own standards and protocols for anesthesia-type services.

"Fifty-seven per cent of the respondents reported they were required to have a physician anesthetist supervise their work (most were from the European Region), 43% of the sample reported having no such requirement."...............

So in advanced countries nurses give anesthesia under the supervision of anesthesiologists while it's not the case in third world countries.
With which group would you place the U.S.?

When you want to present data to prove a point make sure you actually understand that data.

When you want to present data to prove a point make sure you actually understand that data.

yer funny ;)...... I have spent the last two years working in science I am pretty sure I understand data :thumbup: Nice try at an insult though, kudos!

I was presenting it as it was stated, otherwise you would have said "your only presenting your view point in context" but true scientists just present the data and let the public decide the agenda.

Additionally, it said most european regions (not all and not countries) Plus I have been to at least 7 of those regions and only certain areas are "westernized" :) So I could bring up the silly "my experience is better than yours" argument....... come on, really

Hey I told you how I feel CRNA practice should be with the above pdf link, again I am just relaying a message.

Have a nice day, y'all

yer funny ;)...... I have spent the last two years working in science I am pretty sure I understand data :thumbup: Nice try at an insult though, kudos!

I was presenting it as it was stated, otherwise you would have said "your only presenting your view point in context" but true scientists just present the data and let the public decide the agenda.

Additionally, it said most european regions (not all and not countries) Plus I have been to at least 7 of those regions and only certain areas are "westernized" :) So I could bring up the silly "my experience is better than yours" argument....... come on, really

Hey I told you how I feel CRNA practice should be with the above pdf link, again I am just relaying a message.

Have a nice day, y'all
:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Have a nice day, y'all

Shut up.

""Shut up" is a commonly used phrase by the public, similar to "be quiet", only angrier, meaner, and more commanding to attempt to stop someone from talking. "

:laugh::beat:

trolls.gif

""Shut up" is a commonly used phrase by the public, similar to "be quiet", only angrier, meaner, and more commanding to attempt to stop someone from talking. "

:laugh::beat:

A thirty ought six is a sniper rifle used on this forum used to assassinate the work of just-passing-by-s hit-stirring-trolls.

BOOM.

......troll feels the steel race through his forehead....yes, he remembers NOW.....but NOW is fading......

.....troll falls backward....a THUMP is heard as his pathetic body becomes one with the grass and leaves around him....

....thats his last memory....falling into the leaves.....

"Noy, Troll's work neutralized."

Buh bye, Slimster.

Keep it up and you won't be posting here much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.