Anesthesiology letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

voxveritatisetlucis

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good morning everybody,

I am a first year medical student who recently found an interest in possibly pursuing anesthesiology. However, my school doesn’t have an anesthesiology department in the traditional sense. Therefore, was just wondering who I could use for my anesthesiology letter if I wind up applying. Can students interact enough on away rotations to get a letter of recommendation?
 
Good morning everybody,

I am a first year medical student who recently found an interest in possibly pursuing anesthesiology. However, my school doesn’t have an anesthesiology department in the traditional sense. Therefore, was just wondering who I could use for my anesthesiology letter if I wind up applying. Can students interact enough on away rotations to get a letter of recommendation?
My medschool didn't have a traditional department either. I asked some of the private anesthesiologists for letters and it worked out fine. You can also get letters on aways but make sure you tell some of the anesthesiologists you're working with early in the month that that is your intention. We have a bunch of random med studs all the time and you'd be shocked at how few of them actually introduce themselves, tell me they're on a sub-i, and that they're applying to anesthesiology.
 
Last edited:
Good morning everybody,

I am a first year medical student who recently found an interest in possibly pursuing anesthesiology. However, my school doesn’t have an anesthesiology department in the traditional sense. Therefore, was just wondering who I could use for my anesthesiology letter if I wind up applying. Can students interact enough on away rotations to get a letter of recommendation?
you can definitely get letter from away rotation