Anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tesfawMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know how difficult specializing in anesthesia is compared to other specialties? Can you give me an approximation of how long becoming an anesthesiologist takes?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you mean? I just clicked on new thread button on the bottom of the page.

what do you mean? I just clicked on new thread button on the bottom of the page.

Your post somehow went to the private club that is restricted to ASA members.
You have a general INFO question so I encourage you to check the FAQ of this forum and your question will be more visible here.

it takes 4 years after completion of med school.

and it isn't too hard to match into it as most people do, you just have to be above average

I am an ASA member.

I am an ASA member.

ASA = American Society of Anesthesiologists

You are an ASPIRE member, which suggest your still in high school.

Here is the FAQ section they were referring to. #3 should answer your question.

I can't be an ASA member because I am still in high school?

hey,

I am a real ASA student member--can I join this private forum, and if so, how? please PM me if you don't want to post instructions here.

thanks!

Isn't this just an online group kinda of thing? I didn't now this stuff was legit.

I feel unwelcome here. I probably should leave :(.

hey,

I am a real ASA student member--can I join this private forum, and if so, how? please PM me if you don't want to post instructions here.

thanks!

"My Account" -> "Group Memberships"

I think you have to put in your ASA number and name for confirmation