Mrhyde

Becoming Dr. Jekyll
Apr 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
upload_2016-8-1_15-22-49.png
Angle Ranking Answer Choices quick question I have :

So my question is the following : from my practice so far I see answer choices like this set up. I notice patterns and see more or less this same pattern repeating , so I dont know if this carries any weight ( like if this is presented the same way on the real DAT Angles) And I am not saying this will work every time but I think this works most of the time,
-------but I notice that if I was given these choices (see picture) then I see at the ends of A B C and D that 3 is the most common so then I dont even look at Choice D. Then I see that between A B C "4 " is the most common at the starts so now I am left with choice A and B and I only quickly glance and make a choice between angle 1 and 2 and I am done.

-----> So basically its finding patterns in the answer choices and then just checking certain sections of the answer choices that are similar ?

- What do you think about this?

OP
Mrhyde

Mrhyde

Becoming Dr. Jekyll
Apr 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
upload_2016-8-1_15-31-44.png

Another example , and then the answer is D and I just looked at choice A and D and picked between 1 and 3 ? since I saw 2 repeating at the ends then 4 repeating at the start

mOlar1!

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
lmao risky af but i know some people are really good at this pattern finding thing. but i'd still only use when i can't find the answer otherwise.

Reactions: Mrhyde
Aug 1, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
^agree. there are some cases where it does not apply and they purposely trick you. it can be bad practice to automatically look at the answers first, because an apparent trend can influence what you "see." in my experience, it is best used as a last resort. PAT: 23

Reactions: Mrhyde
OP
Mrhyde

Mrhyde

Becoming Dr. Jekyll
Apr 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
^agree. there are some cases where it does not apply and they purposely trick you. it can be bad practice to automatically look at the answers first, because an apparent trend can influence what you "see." in my experience, it is best used as a last resort. PAT: 23
Ok Sounds good and wow 23 Pat that is really good . What section did you personally find the most difficult for you, TFE ?

dental_life17

2+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
View attachment 207287
Angle Ranking Answer Choices quick question I have :

So my question is the following : from my practice so far I see answer choices like this set up. I notice patterns and see more or less this same pattern repeating , so I dont know if this carries any weight ( like if this is presented the same way on the real DAT Angles) And I am not saying this will work every time but I think this works most of the time,
-------but I notice that if I was given these choices (see picture) then I see at the ends of A B C and D that 3 is the most common so then I dont even look at Choice D. Then I see that between A B C "4 " is the most common at the starts so now I am left with choice A and B and I only quickly glance and make a choice between angle 1 and 2 and I am done.

-----> So basically its finding patterns in the answer choices and then just checking certain sections of the answer choices that are similar ?

- What do you think about this?
You can't rely on this patter because I am using the DAT Bootcamp, and there are always 2 choices with the same endings. Take a look:

Attachments

Aug 1, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Ok Sounds good and wow 23 Pat that is really good . What section did you personally find the most difficult for you, TFE ?
When I was studying, I definitely had the most trouble with TFE, but once I got the hang of it I actually felt like it was one of the more straight forward sections. I think on the actual test day I struggled the most with pattern folding because it was the last section and I started to question if I was seeing straight after staring at the computer screen with extreme focus for so long, haha!