Animal Behavior Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bingwen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading through Cliffs animal behavior section and for some reason I am a little foggy on how they are wording this. They say genetic behaviors are from genes that have been influenced by the environment and the other kind of behaviors are from interacting with the environment.

Does this suggest then that interaction behavior can become genetic over generations if the stimuli remains there. Or are these two completely separate ideas.

Sorry this is poorly worded, it didn't really even sound eloquent in my head.

Members don't see this ad.

I was reading through Cliffs animal behavior section and for some reason I am a little foggy on how they are wording this. They say genetic behaviors are from genes that have been influenced by the environment and the other kind of behaviors are from interacting with the environment.

Does this suggest then that interaction behavior can become genetic over generations if the stimuli remains there. Or are these two completely separate ideas.

Sorry this is poorly worded, it didn't really even sound eloquent in my head.
Yes. You are correct. Genetic changes can be brought by the constant stimuli of the environment that occur over generations. Stimuli coming from the environment may enable species to undergo Genetic changes in order to adapt to the challenges of the environment.

Hope this helps.