Animal Ethics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultimakey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just had a question regarding how adcoms would view research on mice, fish, or birds. One lab I have the opportunity of doing research in injects rats with neurological drugs to see why certain people have a higher resistance to drugs. Will adcoms question my morals if I join a lab like this? Thank you for the info in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Much of the biomedical research performed at medical schools involves animals. Adcoms will have no problem with this whatsoever.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, I just had a question regarding how adcoms would view research on mice, fish, or birds. One lab I have the opportunity of doing research in injects rats with neurological drugs to see why certain people have a higher resistance to drugs. Will adcoms question my morals if I join a lab like this? Thank you for the info in advance!
It may come as a shock to you that most of us have experience with research animals and see the necessity of using them. Med schools are not exactly hotbeds of PETA activity.

Reactions: 1 user
And we thought you did give a Rat’s ass about the subject
You noticed that? Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. No need to get catty, you don't have a dog in this fight. In fact, I'm feeling a bit mousy about this and will allow you to have the lion's share of the punnery. Then the mods will throw this thread into Froopyland if anyone starts dropping some bull crap into it.