Ethics of Shadowing

Started by random73
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

random73

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Two physicians I have shadowed have allowed me to go into the patient's room before them to discuss their reason for being here and then I would relay that information to the physician. Is this technically allowed? Specifically asking because I wanted to talk about a time I roomed a patient in my native language for the first time in my personal statement.
 
If you were just chatting, it would be fine.
If you were serving in lieu of a trained interpreter...not so much.
Yup just chatting! The physician I shadowed also spoke the same language so she was able to communicate clearly with the patient as well. Thank you.