Anki card deck recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DameJulie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some Anki decks that they used and scored well? It can be either for all 4 sections or just for a particular section. Would like to using some to get started.

Members don't see this ad.

a lot of people strongly encourage everyone to make their own cards; I would like to see where people stand on this topic now.

Reactions: 1 user
a lot of people strongly encourage everyone to make their own cards; I would like to see where people stand on this topic now.
Eventually I would like to make my own cards, but since I haven't started to study systematic yet I want to see what others have done to succeed.
One mistake I want to recover from last MCAT is to make "smarter" flashcards, rather than just term and definition.
I want to see how high-scorers made their flashcards and used it as an effective study tool

Why use anki. Waste of time imo. Read material and think about what you're reading. You'll spend hours memorizing pointless crap with anki and another hundred making the cards

Members don't see this ad :)
Why use anki. Waste of time imo. Read material and think about what you're reading. You'll spend hours memorizing pointless crap with anki and another hundred making the cards
a large number of top-tier scorers strongly recommend using it

a large number of top-tier scorers strongly recommend using it
Yeah, in med school where it's rote memorization. Good luck trying to fit all of UG into flashcards lol. Better off finding what text your prof used from an old syallabus and reading it front to back

Yeah, in med school where it's rote memorization. Good luck trying to fit all of UG into flashcards lol. Better off finding what text your prof used from an old syallabus and reading it front to back
so instead of using spaced repetition to learn psych/soc terms you think a better strategy is to "think about" what you're reading. whatever that means.

so instead of using spaced repetition to learn psych/soc terms you think a better strategy is to "think about" what you're reading. whatever that means.
I am trying to start using Anki primarily because of its "spaced repetition" function. I need this in order to keep my physics equations and psych/soc/hormones/amino acids definitions hot. Obviously, I won't spend a ton of time going through the flashcards. But, for the MCAT there are some stuffs you just need to memorize.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know what spaced repetition is or do you just follow the anki herd like blind sheep? Spaced repetition could very well be integrated with the textbook approach I aforementioned.

Your point of psy/soc is null. We're talking about all pre-req courses throughout UG. Also, anki would still be inferior in psych as you wouldn't consider scenarios as well to actually reading and understanding the application of a certain therapy, psych disorder etc.

Using Anki might not work for you, CommyO, but it doesn't mean you have to bash someone else's study approach.
Anki has worked well for many high MCAT scorers, and it definitely wouldn't *negatively* impact you to use it, especially for memorizing the things OP mentioned that you just need to know.

As someone who is using Anki to study, I can second the suggestion that making your own flashcards is really the best way to go. You learn by making the flashcards as well as reviewing them. What I personally do is read a chapter from TPR, take notes, and then turn these notes into a study set.

Reactions: 1 users