Anki for anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musman9853

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

First year here just getting started. I'm trying to get a head start on anatomy w/ anki. Any good decks, and about how many cards would you recommend i do per day?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dorian is great for boards. It won't be too helpful for in-class exams honestly.
The deck is under 300 cards.

I'm assuming the UMich deck is a lot more dense and more helpful for first two years of school.

Nothing really replaces IDing these structures on an actual cadaver lab however.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What are the best decks and or resources ( Atlas/video) for anatomy cadaver lab tests?
I am not sure if we’ll allowed to go inside the lab as we please like previous batches because of COVID. I have a feeling that I might need more time than the allotted few hours of dissection time that is planned for each week to identify structures in cadaver during test. Thanks.

Which deck is better dorian or umich?
do both

you wont regret it, trust

plus dorians is only a couple hundred cards so it should take less than a week to get through it

these are all good options, but I would caution against using Anki as a primary tool for anatomy. Drawing things out is really important too. Anki definitely has its place just make sure you do both :)

these are all good options, but I would caution against using Anki as a primary tool for anatomy. Drawing things out is really important too. Anki definitely has its place just make sure you do both :)
You are going to find a significant number of people disagree with you. Anki is made for the rote memorization that is anatomy and it's a huge waste of time to draw things already created. Arguing it shouldn't be the primary tool for memorizing simple things like anatomy is shocking even if you don't like Anki.

Advocating someone to do both is just contributing to all the problems many first years have: running around doing all kinds of things but not actually getting anything done because they think doing things like color coding and drawing stuff is going to replace just hitting the material over and over.

Reactions: 3 users
If this is for ACOM try Dopes anatomy deck and just unsuspend whatever they talk about in each unit.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol I’m sure this person will make a decision according to what works for them. For me, Anki couldn’t get me all the way there in terms of Anatomy. Things like the brachial plexus and blood supplies to different regions had to be drawn out at least once for me to get them. But of course, to each their own.
Also, I’m not suggesting color coded notes or anything like that. More of a whiteboard and marker type situation .

Last edited: