Anki?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So by the end of your second year after learning all the material the new deck you made would basically be the same as the Zanki deck?

It is the Zanki deck. I just transfer the Zanki cards over as we go through systems.

Members don't see this ad.

here to vouch for anki being the best

Reactions: 2 users
I'd probably fail every class if I didn't use Anki (lol jk, but I'd prob be below the class average).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd probably fail every class if I didn't use Anki (lol jk, but I'd prob be below the class average).
Whats your strategy with anki? Do you use pre-made decks or your own?

Whats your strategy with anki? Do you use pre-made decks or your own?
I make my own + use Zanki. Cloze deletion and image occlusion. It depends though, I'm on neuro block right now and I'm not using Zanki's neuro deck and just making my own (although I'm still reviewing old blocks through Zanki).

I make my own + use Zanki. Cloze deletion and image occlusion. It depends though, I'm on neuro block right now and I'm not using Zanki's neuro deck and just making my own (although I'm still reviewing old blocks through Zanki).
Awesome. Thanks.

Hey there! Stumbled across this thread and I'm also going to start in the fall so I had some questions.

For those of you that made your own cards, how did you do that? What I mean is, from what I understand, med school is gonna be very hectic and studying all the time, so how did you budget making anki cards into your routine studying? I used anki a bit for MCAT, but it didn't work out that well because I ended up falling behind and I found it difficult to learn new material while also making and reviewing old cards.

So do you make the cards quickly as you review your lecture slides for your classes? Or do you have separate study time for learning the material for your classes, and dedicate separate time for making anki cards?

Hey there! Stumbled across this thread and I'm also going to start in the fall so I had some questions.

For those of you that made your own cards, how did you do that? What I mean is, from what I understand, med school is gonna be very hectic and studying all the time, so how did you budget making anki cards into your routine studying? I used anki a bit for MCAT, but it didn't work out that well because I ended up falling behind and I found it difficult to learn new material while also making and reviewing old cards.

So do you make the cards quickly as you review your lecture slides for your classes? Or do you have separate study time for learning the material for your classes, and dedicate separate time for making anki cards?
Do a first detailed pass through the lectures before you anki anything. This helps you understand the information better and in context of your cards when you start making and reviewing them. Also helps that once you do a detailed pass, you know what to keep in the cards and what to leave out. Your anki cards should be your subsequent passes through the previous material and referring back to the lecture on weak points or if you want better understanding. I do review every lecture like 2x a couple days before an exam though, while still doing cards.

I don’t use Anki at all since flash cards do not help me learn. And I’m doing well. But I have classmates (first years) who swear by it. Like that’s all they use to study and they are doing well. So it depends on how you study. My classmates have a group ANKI deck so they can split up lecture material, make cards, and study their cards AND everyone else’s. It saves them time.

Reactions: 1 user