Annotating First Aid Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaleerkalut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue. I'm rounding out my first year of med school and I want to annotate first aid but the thing is that all my annotations will be in the 2011 edition, NOT the 2012 edition that I will be using to study next year.

How can I rectify this problem? I appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you just keep your 2011 copy? changes between editions aren't that much and you can just write in the changes. there is no need to get the 2012 edition when it comes out. I've been using he 2010 edition for my study prep but when 2011 came out i just d/led the pdf version and found the differences between the editions

Why don't you just keep your 2011 copy? changes between editions aren't that much and you can just write in the changes. there is no need to get the 2012 edition when it comes out. I've been using he 2010 edition for my study prep but when 2011 came out i just d/led the pdf version and found the differences between the editions

Upperclassmen at my school told me that this was a bad idea because there are often small changes that are important but easily missed when going through a 500+ page book.

Any other strategies others have used? TIA

I hand copied all of my notes from 2010 into 2011. Also copied the sections that were removed in the new edition. It took pretty much all semester. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to annotate form classes that's cool ut personally I dont think it will help much with step. You go into much more detail in class than you'll need to remember for Step, and you dont really know how much that is until you start studying for it and doing qbanks!

Also, Step 1 changes slightly each year and so does first aid, so its probably a good idea to make sure you use the most recent!

If you want to annotate form classes that's cool ut personally I dont think it will help much with step. You go into much more detail in class than you'll need to remember for Step, and you dont really know how much that is until you start studying for it and doing qbanks!

Also, Step 1 changes slightly each year and so does first aid, so its probably a good idea to make sure you use the most recent!

I actually wanted to annotate out of review books like BRS Physiology and RR Path. I've seen senior members on here state that you want to make FA your end source with everything in one consolidated book so that is what I am trying to do. Advice? TIA

I actually wanted to annotate out of review books like BRS Physiology and RR Path. I've seen senior members on here state that you want to make FA your end source with everything in one consolidated book so that is what I am trying to do. Advice? TIA

I can see how it would be difficult to use the review books at the same time as first aid ;)

I've always thought that annotating books that you already have is a waste of time. The only thing I write down is explanations from USMLEWorld when I hit a fact that I've forgotten/didn't see in FA.

I can see how it would be difficult to use the review books at the same time as first aid ;)

I've always thought that annotating books that you already have is a waste of time. The only thing I write down is explanations from USMLEWorld when I hit a fact that I've forgotten/didn't see in FA.

I agree- I only annotated UW/USMLERX questions, facts from DIT, and then select facts from BRS Phys since that wasn't my best course and while I re-read BRS I wanted a few things in FA during my reviews.

I had been writing a lot in my FA (2009) during MSI and 1st semester of MSII and then got 2011 for my exam so I basically wasted a lot of time as I'm not going to go through the entire book and copy stuff plus a lot of what I annotated wasn't high yield. May I suggest relaxing this summer and waiting til the 2012 FA comes out to start annotating!