Annotating lecture notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aayz345

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that I have a habit of copying the annotations that my professors do during lectures. Ex: if they circle a diagram and underline a word, I usually do the same on my iPad. I think this may be distracting me since I usually listen to recordings on faster speed (1.5x-2x). Is it useless to try and mimic what the professor underlines/circles? I've been thinking of just annotating whenever the professor says a certain topic is "important" or "high yield"

Members don't see this ad.

How have you been doing in your exams? How long do you spend annotating? If one hour lecture at 1.5X - 2X speed is taking you more than 2 hours, then its a problem. If you have been doing well on your exams and are not spending too much extra time annotating, then I don't see a problem. For your boards, you have switch over to studying from UFAPS/BnB/Anki anyways.

How have you been doing in your exams? How long do you spend annotating? If one hour lecture at 1.5X - 2X speed is taking you more than 2 hours, then its a problem. If you have been doing well on your exams and are not spending too much extra time annotating, then I don't see a problem. For your boards, you have switch over to studying from UFAPS/BnB/Anki anyways.
I've been scoring at/above the avg score for my exams. Going through a 1hr lecture takes me like 30-40 min, factoring in pauses and whatnot. I also do watch BnB/FA/Pathoma vids that correspond to my courses. I guess I'm just asking if I should just stop trying to copy what profs annotate bc they could just be doing it out of habit and it might just be wasting my time