Annoying things your school's faculty does.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I've heard of the books, but I'm probably not gonna get around to reading them. Did they have any particular reason you remember why they recommended not to eat meat?

The books thinks the BEST way to be skinny and stay healthy is to avoid all processed foods and foods that are not all natural. The books are against any sort of preservatives in food.

The books thinks it is best be vegan and eat all natural foods without any preseratives or anything high in sugar etc.

Why we shouldn't eat me.

1) Animal cruelty. It's really cruel to slaugther animals. (I agree with this 100%)

2) Animals are fatten up with steroids and they are also feed antibotics etc. to make sure they stay healthy etc. What you are eating is NOT natural.

3) you are eating a rotting carcass. it's rotting inside you. vegetables are cleaner.

There might be a few more reasons...but so far that's all that I can remember. Reason 2 is a very valid point. All the stuff given to animals to fatten them up and preserve them etc. is NOT healthy to eat.

Members don't see this ad.

The books thinks the BEST way to be skinny and stay healthy is to avoid all processed foods and foods that are not all natural. The books are against any sort of preservatives in food.

The books thinks it is best be vegan and eat all natural foods without any preseratives or anything high in sugar etc.

Why we shouldn't eat me.

1) Animal cruelty. It's really cruel to slaugther animals. (I agree with this 100%)

2) Animals are fatten up with steroids and they are also feed antibotics etc. to make sure they stay healthy etc. What you are eating is NOT natural.

3) you are eating a rotting carcass. it's rotting inside you. vegetables are cleaner.

There might be a few more reasons...but so far that's all that I can remember. Reason 2 is a very valid point. All the stuff given to animals to fatten them up and preserve them etc. is NOT healthy to eat.

free range FTW. I try to stay away from buying processed foods because they taste bad. I shop at the farmers market mostly and but the rest at whole foods or similar. But, the farmers market is the cheapest and freshest.

What's ths whole argument about more sugar in fruit? I don't get it.

free range FTW. I try to stay away from buying processed foods because they taste bad. I shop at the farmers market mostly and but the rest at whole foods or similar. But, the farmers market is the cheapest and freshest.

Is everything you buy ORGANIC foods? I think once I make a pharmacist salary I will start buying everything organic without crap added to it!

Fruit does contain a lot of sugar but it's good for you. People should eat tons of fruits and vegetables b/c that is the BEST for you. It's the healthiest and cleanest foods. It's not rotting away like meat is.

I am against any diets that think eating ONLY meat and nothing else is good. That's BS. Meat isn't good for you.

Meat is optional. You can live with it or without it. Vegetables and fruits are healthy and a must.

And if you only eat vegetables and fruits and exercise on a regular basis then I don't see how you can possbilty be fat.

Members don't see this ad :)

Some people on diets that only allow meats and NO carbs are against eating fruits.

Yeah. We buy as much organic as possible. I can't give up meat. I've tried. So, I settle for limited red meat and more fish/chicken. I also get those at the market. I pay more money for the free range local farmer chicken and eggs but I like helping out the local economy. The fish I get from the international market or whole foods. Part of the year, there is a guy at the market that sells fresh fish he gets directly from alaska. Yummy stuff.

Yeah. We buy as much organic as possible. I can't give up meat. I've tried. So, I settle for limited red meat and more fish/chicken. I also get those at the market. I pay more money for the free range local farmer chicken and eggs but I like helping out the local economy. The fish I get from the international market or whole foods. Part of the year, there is a guy at the market that sells fresh fish he gets directly from alaska. Yummy stuff.

I don't think I can become a vegan either. The book Skinny Bitches give me tons of reasons why I should become one but I can't either. :oops:

I love seafood (snow crab legs are my FAV!), chicken, eggs and turkey WAY TOO much to never eat it again...but the book really does point out many reasons why I should give it up. But it's just too yummy! I can eat snow crab legs everyday! hahaha...

I also HATE beans....nuts are okay..but beans? yuck. So I don't think I can eat as much beans in my diet as they suggest in the book. haha...

Right now I live with my aunt and she does all the cooking. When I graduate from school I'll be on my own and be doing my own grocery shopping...I think I'll look into organic foods when I am living and shopping on my own. :)

And if you only eat vegetables and fruits and exercise on a regular basis then I don't see how you can possbilty be fat.
I know plenty of fat vegetarians. One is actually a vegan now. If you're consuming a load of calories, you'll still get fat, doesn't matter what those calories are coming from.

I know plenty of fat vegetarians. One is actually a vegan now. If you're consuming a load of calories, you'll still get fat, doesn't matter what those calories are coming from.

This. Potato chips are vegan, you know...

That's a good point. My BMI has been a 17 my entire life until now...I never had to count my calories either...I guess we should all start counting calories huh? Do you recommend everyone count their calories everyday?

Old age + pharmacy school= GET FAT! :rolleyes:

There are flaws in each of these arguments.
1) Plants are also living things, and you are killing them, so why is that permissible? I can see if it was your household pet; it would be sensible to have an aversion to that, but these animals are not meant to be pets. Harvesting all that produce likely disrupts some animal environments as well.
2)"Organic" produce that is allegedly pesticide free.... is grown in a field right next to all the other stuff. When that crop duster flies over to dump out the pesticides, you think the wind won't blow and contaminate all your organics? Also, there are organic meats, without steroids or abx, so the desire to be free of additives shouldn't limit you to plants.
3) Harvested produce is also rotting. Leave that head of lettuce or bushel of tomatoes on your kitchen counter for a week and tell me what happens.

You can eat whatever you want, I just never understood the arguments people make toward being a vegetarian/vegan. I'm sure they get lots of vitamins by eating more fruits and veggies than other people do, but you're really limiting your intake of proteins by avoiding all meats.