Another MCAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmoon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you will indulge me one more time....can I request that my MCAT not be forwarded to AMCAS unless I authorize it?? In other words, if I don't like what I see, can I abort the mission and go for it in August?

Members don't see this ad.

drmoon,
You can request that your scores not be released. This serves two purposes. One, no schools, not even your undergrad office will see it, and they will not be released to AMCAS. But if you want to send them after viewing them yourself and finding them satisfactory then you have to pay extra to release them after the fact. Also, schools don't necessarily like you hiding your scores, so if you have to take it again, they will assume the worst. My advice is always release your scores and do your best. If you do need to take it over again, it could be a plus to show your dedication and and improvement over a year (or even a few months). Not releasing them is kind of shady IMHO, but it is always an option..... that costs you $$.

OK, what I think is that if you don't release them and take the mcat a second time, then both of your scores will show up together. So I really don't see what the point of not releasing them would be, since the schools will eventually see all of your scores (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Now, if you feel like you did bad on test day, you have up until the end of the bio section to void your test. If you do this, no one, including you, wil ever see your scores and you took the test for nothing.

But if you have a panic attack or something during the test, it's a good idea.

I overdosed on caffeine on test day and my vision went blurry during the bio section and I had a migraine...this would have been a good reason to void, although I didn't, for fear of having to retake that HORRIBLE test.