All Branch Topic (ABT) Another obligation time question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Setih

Meh
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Evening,

It's that GME deadline time, so I had to brush up on my commitment guidance again.

I am reading these again. I will be asking the Correspondence Folks later again, too.

HPSP 4 years = 4 years ADSO owed.
1 year internship --> 2 years Internal Medicine --> 3 year Tour (have 1 year ADSO remaining) --> Return for fellowship (2 years)

Question:
At the end of fellowship, do I have 2 more years of obligated time or 3 years. My understanding is 2 because the HPSP time is
served concurrent, but maybe I am missing something.

I appreciate the time. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that you will have 2 years left to serve. You gain 2 year minimum for FTIS fellowship. You had 1 year remaining but it can be served concurrently with FTIS training.

Prior to fellowship you will be sent a document with down to the month detail of your obligated service. You will sign acknowledging you agree.

I agree that you will have 2 years left to serve. You gain 2 year minimum for FTIS fellowship. You had 1 year remaining but it can be served concurrently with FTIS training.

Prior to fellowship you will be sent a document with down to the month detail of your obligated service. You will sign acknowledging you agree.
Busy with clinic, I should have posted earlier, yeah I talked to correspondence and indeed 2 years. It's good to get a second confirmation!

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Check and doublecheck the actual paperwork contract you receive.

If I had a quarter for every messed up contract that the Navy special pay people have put in front of me, I'd have enough for a couple candy bars.

Reactions: 1 user