All Branch Topic (ABT) Another obligation time question

Setih

Meh
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2016
  1. Non-Student
    Good Evening,

It's that GME deadline time, so I had to brush up on my commitment guidance again.

I am reading these again. I will be asking the Correspondence Folks later again, too.

HPSP 4 years = 4 years ADSO owed.
    1 year internship --> 2 years Internal Medicine --> 3 year Tour (have 1 year ADSO remaining) --> Return for fellowship (2 years)

Question:
    At the end of fellowship, do I have 2 more years of obligated time or 3 years. My understanding is 2 because the HPSP time is
    served concurrent, but maybe I am missing something.

I appreciate the time. Thank you.

About the Ads

militaryPHYS

Ortho Staff
    Volunteer Staff
    10+ Year Member
    Navy
    Verified Expert
    Gold Member
    Jun 8, 2007
    1. Attending Physician
      I agree that you will have 2 years left to serve. You gain 2 year minimum for FTIS fellowship. You had 1 year remaining but it can be served concurrently with FTIS training.

Prior to fellowship you will be sent a document with down to the month detail of your obligated service. You will sign acknowledging you agree.

Setih

Meh
      5+ Year Member
      May 24, 2016
      1. Non-Student
        I agree that you will have 2 years left to serve. You gain 2 year minimum for FTIS fellowship. You had 1 year remaining but it can be served concurrently with FTIS training.

Prior to fellowship you will be sent a document with down to the month detail of your obligated service. You will sign acknowledging you agree.
        Busy with clinic, I should have posted earlier, yeah I talked to correspondence and indeed 2 years. It's good to get a second confirmation!

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
        Administrator
        Volunteer Staff
        Navy
        Verified Expert
        15+ Year Member
        Dec 15, 2005
        Home again
        1. Attending Physician
          Check and doublecheck the actual paperwork contract you receive.

If I had a quarter for every messed up contract that the Navy special pay people have put in front of me, I'd have enough for a couple candy bars.

Reactions: 1 user
          About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.