• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

another question

royaldragons

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale. Florida
  1. Post Doc
maybe it is a silly question but I do not know the answer and I really appreciate if anybody can enlight me with this thing:
Are there other residency programs PM&R not affiliated to NRMP & ERAS, or ALL the PM&R programs are dependent on that system? and if there are, are they accredited PM&R residency programs? what choices does one have besides ERAS NRMP residency programs to get into a accredited residency PM&R?:rolleyes:

medicineman1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2006
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I believe there are two osteopathic accredited PMnR programs. These programs often wheel and deal outside the match, although there is an osteopathic match for these as well. Different match process though.

zwasfeli

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2007
I believe there are two osteopathic accredited PMnR programs. These programs often wheel and deal outside the match, although there is an osteopathic match for these as well. Different match process though.

Of course this goes without saying you would need an osteopathic background to qualify for these programs, I am really uncertain where they are, isn't one in the Los Angeles area?

About the Ads

Brooklyndo2.1

polytrauma monkey...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2006
PA
  1. Attending Physician
as far as I am currently aware, there are a total of 3 osteopathic pm&r programs, two of them I know are dual accredited and one is only AOA.
As far as wheeling and dealing...., Id like you to try to that with the oldest of the programs, being MSU, and then try it with NUMC (although im sure drvlad can tell me more about if its now dually accredited or two separate programs at the same place)

wheeling and dealing can happen at some prelim or traditional rotating internships in the ny area, but not at the "good" ones. but who knows.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.