Another should I push back Step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EazyE8643

Reaction score
I'm about 32 days out from Step 1 and just took the UWSA1 and got a 202. I'm obviously not happy with that score and am panicking a bit. I'm in dedicated now. Should I push back Step 1?

Also, I'm a DO student and have taken a COMSAE practice exam 2 weeks ago and scored a 493. For reference a passing score on COMLEX Level 1 has been 400.

Any advice would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

You're 32 days out. I wouldn't freak out yet. Just keep grinding uworld and do a weekly NBME to track progress. I wasn't aware that UWSA1 still gave a numerical score, but it's been a year since I've taken it. I know the NBME's give percentages and my recommendation, as well advice given by advisors, is to not take the test unless you are scoring a 70% on the NBMEs. My first NBME was a 63% with a 35 days dedicated. I want to say I got a 68% with after 2 weeks of grinding. I was in a similar situation to you where I was pretty concerned at this point and had contemplated pushing it back. I decided to see how the next week would go and would evaluate from there. With one week left I got a 72% and felt like I was in better shape. 3 days before the test I got an 80% and felt confident to take it.

For additional reference, my UWORLD was 68% first time pass.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the response, that does make me feel better. I took my first NBME today and got 61% with 28 days out. Going to keep studying and hope that goes up like yours did!