Step I Another should I push back Step 1?

Started by EazyE8643
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EazyE8643

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm about 32 days out from Step 1 and just took the UWSA1 and got a 202. I'm obviously not happy with that score and am panicking a bit. I'm in dedicated now. Should I push back Step 1?

Also, I'm a DO student and have taken a COMSAE practice exam 2 weeks ago and scored a 493. For reference a passing score on COMLEX Level 1 has been 400.

Any advice would be great!
 
You're 32 days out. I wouldn't freak out yet. Just keep grinding uworld and do a weekly NBME to track progress. I wasn't aware that UWSA1 still gave a numerical score, but it's been a year since I've taken it. I know the NBME's give percentages and my recommendation, as well advice given by advisors, is to not take the test unless you are scoring a 70% on the NBMEs. My first NBME was a 63% with a 35 days dedicated. I want to say I got a 68% with after 2 weeks of grinding. I was in a similar situation to you where I was pretty concerned at this point and had contemplated pushing it back. I decided to see how the next week would go and would evaluate from there. With one week left I got a 72% and felt like I was in better shape. 3 days before the test I got an 80% and felt confident to take it.

For additional reference, my UWORLD was 68% first time pass.
 
Thanks for the response, that does make me feel better. I took my first NBME today and got 61% with 28 days out. Going to keep studying and hope that goes up like yours did!