Another SLOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlefield

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I've decided to do emergency medicine, and I'm very comfortable with my decision.

Reading the previous posts about SLORs, I get the impression that I should obtain as many SLORs as possible and send them to every EM program to which I apply. However, I visited the websites of my top 20 programs and reviewed their application requirements. The minority require LORs from EM physicians, and even fewer (two) ask for SLOR's.

I attend a med school that doesn't have an EM residency, so I have no home PD or EM faculty to fill out an SLOR for me. I will be doing a sub-I at an EM residency, but due to family considerations, I won't be doing that until January, well past most application deadlines. I do have some stellar LORs from EM physcians that I've worked with closely, and other great LORs from other specialties.

So my question is this: Am I overeading previous SLOR threads, or am I just screwed?

I would appreciate any response.

Thanks,
Littlefield.

Members don't see this ad.