"Answer cannot be determined"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tik-tik-clock

CraziiiDesiiKuriii
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If this is one of the options, can it be a possible answer? or is it usually just a filler answer choice?

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I'm concerned, any choice given is a possiblity. I've had a coupe EK questions where that was the correct choice.

tik-tik-clock said:
If this is one of the options, can it be a possible answer? or is it usually just a filler answer choice?

I agree, I don't think it's a filler, because it was actually an answer for a kinematics/equilibrium constants question on AAMC 7 in the PS section. The one where they gave you equilibrium constants, and asked about the rate of the reaction.

yeah i think its pretty commonly used to test that you know certain things arent correlated... like reaction rates and thermodynamics... and stuff like if you can tell the spontaneity of a rxn based on enthalpy of the rxn.

Members don't see this ad :)
tik-tik-clock said:

i love it when they tell you something is R or S and ask you how it rotates plane polarized light.

In verbal this is not usually a choice, but in BS and PS it can be. Don't discount offhand.