Answering Anything Else Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ducatiboy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am currently pre-writing my secondaries and came across the "anything else you want to add" optional essays. My pre-med advisor mentioned that for schools that don't already ask, you can use it as a "why this school" essay. I wasn't sure if that is correct. I really don't have anything else to add since I covered everything in my Primary including hobbies. Would it be appropriate to just leave it blank or rather beneficial to add a "why this school" essay especially for schools that don't ask it in their secondary? Thank you for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

I had a thread about this a couple weeks ago. Your answer and more should be in there somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
If you actually have a legit reason for a particular school, then briefly mention it. But if all you're going to say is that they're your first choice, dream school, or that you love the city, research, clinical experience or something else like that, then don't bother. If schools wanted to be showered with these empty statements, they would ask for it directly in a prompt.

Reactions: 1 users