PhD/PsyD Antioch NE Interview Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allimd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have searched and searched in vain for information on the interview process at Antioch NE. I know there are people on here who have been accepted to the program but they have not been very detailed in their description. I am flying from Illinois to New Hampshire to interview and would like to be as prepared as possible. PLEASE, if you've interviewed for this program I would love any helpful tips or description you could offer me. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I never had any experience with Antioch but I lived outside of Keene for about five years while I was working for the State of Vermont. If you have any questions about the area feel free to ask.

I have searched and searched in vain for information on the interview process at Antioch NE. I know there are people on here who have been accepted to the program but they have not been very detailed in their description. I am flying from Illinois to New Hampshire to interview and would like to be as prepared as possible. PLEASE, if you've interviewed for this program I would love any helpful tips or description you could offer me. Thank you in advance!

I am currently a 4th year doctoral candidate at AUNE so I am happy to tell you a little about the interview process. There were a few components to it. We all met as a group in the community room and they gave us a little information about the program, and then we were told when our individual and group interviews would be. Group interviews were facilitated by a core faculty member and an adjunct faculty member. Questions were pretty broad, like why we are interested in psychology, or what we have done that would make us a good fit, that kind of stuff. I had an individual interview with a 4th year student and she basically talked to me about my essays and just tried to get to know me a little bit. She asked me to elaborate on some parts of my papers and that was it. At the end of the process I had an individual interview with a core faculty member and he honestly just had a normal conversation with me and asked what I was interested in and why. And I remember we ended up talking about our dogs. This was the same core faculty from the group interview for me, but I don't know that it always is. They are just trying to get to know you and see if you are a genuine, nice person and if they feel like you would be a good fit. They did not ask me any clinical type questions really, just what my experience was and what I hoped to do. There are some people in my cohort who did not even have a psych background, so it's a mixed group of people who they accept. Be yourself and relax. The faculty is great and the support staff are the most amazing people in the world. Everyone is very friendly, and it is a down to earth place. Good luck! Keep us posted and let me know if you have any other questions.

I am currently a 4th year doctoral candidate at AUNE so I am happy to tell you a little about the interview process. There were a few components to it. We all met as a group in the community room and they gave us a little information about the program, and then we were told when our individual and group interviews would be. Group interviews were facilitated by a core faculty member and an adjunct faculty member. Questions were pretty broad, like why we are interested in psychology, or what we have done that would make us a good fit, that kind of stuff. I had an individual interview with a 4th year student and she basically talked to me about my essays and just tried to get to know me a little bit. She asked me to elaborate on some parts of my papers and that was it. At the end of the process I had an individual interview with a core faculty member and he honestly just had a normal conversation with me and asked what I was interested in and why. And I remember we ended up talking about our dogs. This was the same core faculty from the group interview for me, but I don't know that it always is. They are just trying to get to know you and see if you are a genuine, nice person and if they feel like you would be a good fit. They did not ask me any clinical type questions really, just what my experience was and what I hoped to do. There are some people in my cohort who did not even have a psych background, so it's a mixed group of people who they accept. Be yourself and relax. The faculty is great and the support staff are the most amazing people in the world. Everyone is very friendly, and it is a down to earth place. Good luck! Keep us posted and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you so so so much. This is so incredibly helpful. I will keep you updated!