Any acceptances from Albany Medical College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katie_g

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten an acceptance from albany medical college yet?

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed in october and still no word... when did you interview?

I'm not sure whether AMC calls, emails, or snail mails it, but we should find out today (or this week).

I interviewed the very first day that interviews were offered.

Keeping fingers crossed... :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed November 3rd.

Doko said:
I'm not sure whether AMC calls, emails, or snail mails it, but we should find out today :luck:

is that what they said at the interview? i can't remember (seems like FOREVER ago)...

:luck:

MSAR says that AMC's acceptances are notified today, December 1, 2005.

Albany waits to get a certain number of apps in before deciding cut-off scores etc. When I called right before Thanskgiving, admissions said that they expected to reach that number this week and will start accepting accordingly. This was not a definite though. Perhaps try calling - they are very nice there!

If this is true that Albany is notifying today - how about making this the AMC official acceptance thread...
I need to know when to start getting depressed!

TODAY? :eek: It's about time to be honest!!! Good luck everyone :luck:

anyone know how they contact?

i called them last week because they told us (oct. interviewees) we'd hear by thanksgiving. they said they were a tiny bit behind and they'd tell us by this week. but there is a friggin storm today and i'm afraid the mailman won't make it! since they're supposed to have made decisions by now (sort of) do you think we can just call for a status check?

called today as I couldn't wait - they said they haven't sent anything today - but maybe tomorrow and definitely by next week. They send a short email and a packet in the snail mail. Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Joonie said:
i called them last week because they told us (oct. interviewees) we'd hear by thanksgiving. they said they were a tiny bit behind and they'd tell us by this week. but there is a friggin storm today and i'm afraid the mailman won't make it! since they're supposed to have made decisions by now (sort of) do you think we can just call for a status check?

couldn't hurt at this point... let us know what they say!

daviddamoore said:
called today as I couldn't wait - they said they haven't sent anything today - but maybe tomorrow and definitely by next week. They send a short email and a packet in the snail mail. Fingers crossed!

thanks. i hope they really meant that they didn't send anything yet. now at least i know my med mail could be safe from hail. :luck:

i interviewed 10-27 and they said we'd find out first week of december. is that this week or next week i don't know?? :)

update: i just called and the woman said everyone who's interviewed so far will find out their status by late tommorrow or early next week...these were her exact words.

from what I remember, being accepted or being put off for further consideration people receive notification via email and people who are rejected receive notification via snail mail. i could be wrong though.

Steve Holt!

SteveHolt! said:
from what I remember, being accepted or being put off for further consideration people receive notification via email and people who are rejected receive notification via snail mail. i could be wrong though.

Steve Holt!

I just interviewed there this afternoon. They said that rejections will go out in the regular mail, everything else via email. You all should hear something really soon, she told us we'd be notified within 10-15 days!

just curious how we all liked albany when we were there?

crys20 said:
just curious how we all liked albany when we were there?

I liked Albany when I interviewed there on 11-2. The school was kind of small though. I hope we all hear back soon from Albany.

So today is the day for decisions. Good luck everyone and keep us posted!

scneuro said:
So today is the day for decisions. Good luck everyone and keep us posted!

Just got an email! Good luck to everyone else!

So I'm guessing since people are getting emails now, that if you DO NOT receive one, you got waitlisted/rejected?!

just got my email too. Good luck everyone :luck:

I'm guessing that since waitlists get email too, that if your inbox is empty (like mine) you get rejected... have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach right now

scneuro and goose - I don't suppose you could post the time your email was sent could you? If they sent out a simultaneous email to everyone who was accepted, I don't want to be checking my email every ten seconds all day and wanting to cry each time...

thanks and congratulations!

daviddamoore said:
scneuro and goose - I don't suppose you could post the time your email was sent could you? If they sent out a simultaneous email to everyone who was accepted, I don't want to be checking my email every ten seconds all day and wanting to cry each time...

thanks and congratulations!

mine was sent at 10:28est, good luck! have you heard from njms yet?

no...so you can understand why I am little jumpy right now! They said that they would let me know in 6-8 weeks - I guess that's the standard response they give. I am guessing that if I am accepted, I will hear pretty soon from now (interviewed 3 weeks and 1 day ago!)

Thanks for posting the time!

scneuro said:
mine was sent at 10:28est, good luck! have you heard from njms yet?

mine was sent 928 cst and it said in the title "ALBANY MEDICAL COLLEGE APPLICATION STATUS - A" so maybe they send 'em out in batches... there's still hope!

got mine at 1032, good luck to everyone!

anyone else get emails? maybe a waitlist email?

Steve Holt!

I called them up and told them I was not getting any work done because I am checkng my email every few minutes. They said they have to send out the emails in batches, and that if I don't get an email to call back later this afternoon then someone can tell me my status.
It will be fun to hear them try to sound sympathetic while telling me that my future dreams are unattainable!

yeah, it's hard to work when you are refreshing every 3 seconds and you are mad/sad. i bet they went out to lunch and are enjoying their friday afternoon while i'm sitting at the edge of my seat.

I just called and was informed that I was put in the "Under Consideration" pile, which means that they are considering me for a spot on their waitlist, and that if their acceptance rate is too low, then they will go to that pile to accept people before May/June.

Awesome.

i called an hour ago and was told to be patient, that they were having some technical difficulties, and i should probably be receiving an email sometime "later this afternoon." really not sure what this means. i'll call them back around 5ish est if i don't receive anything.

I called too - "under consideration"... Why do they lie? They mean "you suck - we won't accept you unless we really have to". Oh well - top temperature in Albany today is 38 degrees, too cold for me - I'm going to go outside and sit in the California sunshine and cry.

i called and the lady pulled up my status then said that the other woman who was sending the emails stepped out and to call back later to hear my status...what??? did she just not want to be the one to tell me i was rejected? how confusing.

anyway, she also alluded to technical problems w/ the emails so we'll see what the rest of the afternoon holds.

crys20 said:
i called and the lady pulled up my status then said that the other woman who was sending the emails stepped out and to call back later to hear my status...what??? did she just not want to be the one to tell me i was rejected? how confusing.

anyway, she also alluded to technical problems w/ the emails so we'll see what the rest of the afternoon holds.

Ok, so I think we're all talking to the same lady cause I got the same response...but when she told me about the "technical problems" I just said straight up "Did I get rejected? It's ok, you can tell me!" Then she told me I was "under consideration," which as far as I can tell means this....my application (and the rest of the under considerations) now sits in limbo until June at which point they'll turn this pool of apps into a waitlist from which they'll pull people IF they need to...but we won't hear anything until June

So, yeah, it's not sounding too good. :( :( :(

Yup, called back, under consideration too.

Congrats to all who got the good word today! It's ok for me, I was 90% sure I was gonna go instate over Albany for $$ alone, but still def not the best feeling, huh?

Seriously though, i remember them saying that Albany almost always pulls off well over half to all their waitlist. lots of hope still for all you guys if you are really set on albany!

oh and no email, so for those w/ empty mailboxes it isnt for sure rejection!

Being under consideration isn't bad. I called today and they told me I was rejected flat out :mad: My first post-interview rejection hurts, especially because I have no acceptances! This whole thing just isn't cool :thumbdown:

wait....does NOT getting an email today = waitlist/rejection? Nooo :(

i was just wondering if anyone got an email since friday concerning your status? i don't really want to call in from work and find out i got rejected. thanks.

Steve Holt!

I haven't received an email yet - here's hoping that it was all a big mistake and they are just figuring out how much scholarship money they want to offer us!

I just called Albany and guess what, I am under consideration also. They have not made up their waitlist yet. Those who are under consideration will be placed onto a waitlist at a later time (June I believe). The waitlist order is dependent on your overall ranking by the Adcom. Good luck to all.

seems like an awful lot of people get waitlisted despite being relatively early interviews doesnt it

hey guys:

I was placed on under consideration last year and I thought I would have to wait until May to be pulled off. It turned out I was accepted off the UC batch around March. I wouldn't count yourself out. The UC list seems to move a lot. Good luck.

Freakingzooming said:
hey guys:

I was placed on under consideration last year and I thought I would have to wait until May to be pulled off. It turned out I was accepted off the UC batch around March. I wouldn't count yourself out. The UC list seems to move a lot. Good luck.

there's a seperate waitlist for the UCs? thats kinda crazy, isn't it?

i guess thats why they call it UC-Albany, eh?

i think he meant "under consideration"?

Got an email this morning! Good luck to all!

just got waitlisted-

good luck! snumie