Any advantage to mailing transcripts to self, then to schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBeans

MrBeans
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any advantage to mailing your transcripts early to yourself, and then mail them directly to AADSAS on the opening day? Unopened of course.

I've heard talk of doing this, but is it any faster?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any advantage to mailing your transcripts early to yourself, and then mail them directly to AADSAS on the opening day? Unopened of course.

I've heard talk of doing this, but is it any faster?

Here's what the AADSAS instructions say about that:

"Arrange for a sealed official transcript, accompanied by a Transcript Matching Form to be sent directly to the AADSAS Transcript Processing Department from every accredited U.S. and Canadian institution you have attended. AADSAS will not accept student-issued transcripts or transcripts sent by an applicant."

According to this, they won't accept them if they come from you, they must come directly from the school.

Thanks so much SuperTank, you're very helpful ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
We're watching 'New Moon' right now... I've got to do something to keep myself sane.

No kidding. You probably could have researched, typed, and submitted that entire post in between an Edward/Bella dialogue.

Edward: "I'm leaving Forks Bella"

... Wait for it, wait for it...

Bella: "I'm coming with you"

... Ten more minutes pass ...

Edward: "No, you can't"