Any advantage to submitting AMCAS early w/o transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chessknt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My final grades wont be up for another 2 weeks, but I know what they will be (or a very good feeling, AMCAS can just change them if I am wrong). Is there any advantage to putting in my app now even if my transcripts cant be sent for another 2 weeks? Like do I get put into a line or something and hold a position near the front if I submitted earlier?

Members don't see this ad.

wow.. i really don;t know the answer to that, but I hope someone else does and hopefully someone also knows where on the AMCAS site i can find out if my transcript has been received yet? I know my school already sent it out.

wow.. i really don;t know the answer to that, but I hope someone else does and hopefully someone also knows where on the AMCAS site i can find out if my transcript has been received yet? I know my school already sent it out.

Err thread hijack much?

Its on the left of the home page under details.

Members don't see this ad :)
ar2388 it's on the main page of your AMCAS app. To the left under status.

Err thread hijack much?

Its on the left of the home page under details.

:( my apologies... i just didnt want to start a new thread for that...

to answer the OP's question in whatever way i know i believe some schools will let you fill out the secondary even before you submit your AMCAS, but either way those don't seem to open until june 15-18. In my school when you submit a transcipt request you have the option of telling them to wait until all your grades are in before they send it out.. i would do that and i would leave the grades blank in the AMCAS application until you actually get them.
so.. uh, if i were you, i would wait until you have the grades and work on the available secondaries when they become available. i would also probably submit the application once you know your grades and can actually enter them into AMCAS and not necessarily wait for the transcript to be received....
sorry to hijack the thread but I hope that something that I said would be slightly useful to you

My final grades wont be up for another 2 weeks, but I know what they will be (or a very good feeling, AMCAS can just change them if I am wrong). Is there any advantage to putting in my app now even if my transcripts cant be sent for another 2 weeks? Like do I get put into a line or something and hold a position near the front if I submitted earlier?

Advantage: Peace of mind. Unfortunately you have found SDN and with that goes your peace of mind. Of course the good thing is that these forums are moderated and that fact helps me sleep better at night knowing that no one can attack me personally. How I need that so much!

:( my apologies... i just didnt want to start a new thread for that...

to answer the OP's question in whatever way i know i believe some schools will let you fill out the secondary even before you submit your AMCAS, but either way those don't seem to open until june 15-18. In my school when you submit a transcipt request you have the option of telling them to wait until all your grades are in before they send it out.. i would do that and i would leave the grades blank in the AMCAS application until you actually get them.
so.. uh, if i were you, i would wait until you have the grades and work on the available secondaries when they become available. i would also probably submit the application once you know your grades and can actually enter them into AMCAS and not necessarily wait for the transcript to be received....
sorry to hijack the thread but I hope that something that I said would be slightly useful to you

Lol its ok. I was jsut wondering if anyone actually know how their verification priority system works.

Lol its ok. I was jsut wondering if anyone actually know how their verification priority system works.

I was wondering the same thing, and as far as I understand you get "in line" for verification when all of your transcripts are received and you've submitted. Ie. one without the other means nothing. On the other hand, the delay in getting in line doesn't really matter, because if you're submitting in mid-June you're talking about a minimal wait for verification regardless.