Any advice for me? Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunshine12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been reading these forums for a while now and I was hoping you could help me out right now..I was lucky enough to get accepted to boston university and nova but i'm having a really tough time deciding which to choose. I'm Canadian and tuition with living expenses is working out to be ~$90k/year at boston and $80k/year at nova (ridiculous!!). I love the weather in florida (finally no snow) but i really like the fact that almost all of bu's lectures are recorded (i learn ALOT better listening to lectures than by reading - and i'm kind of scared of how hard d school is gonna be but i'll def. work extra hard to make sure i pass). Any input at all for either of these schools is really appreciated (i know that are probably alot of factors i'm missing). Thanks alot for reading this and for any help/advice/input you have!!

EDIT: I'll be having an SDN thread reading party all weekend so post anytime!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
it just seems like a better place to be in dental school in my opinion. i personally could not focus too well in florida when the weather is always perfect. BU i think is a better location and as you mentioned, which i didnt know about, they record their lectures so thats really helpful.
and no im not trying to deter you away from nova bc im like on the waitlist or something!! im reapplying soooo yea.
anyway, i think BU just seems better/well rounded overall.

it just seems like a better place to be in dental school in my opinion. i personally could not focus too well in florida when the weather is always perfect. BU i think is a better location and as you mentioned, which i didnt know about, they record their lectures so thats really helpful.
and no im not trying to deter you away from nova bc im like on the waitlist or something!! im reapplying soooo yea.
anyway, i think BU just seems better/well rounded overall.

Thanks for you advice and best of luck next year!!

They're both great schools. I'm personally attending BU, but if you don't like snow, I would say give FL a shot.

I have at least a dozen friends at Nova and I have no heard any complaints from them so far.

They're both great schools. I'm personally attending BU, but if you don't like snow, I would say give FL a shot.

I have at least a dozen friends at Nova and I have no heard any complaints from them so far.

Thanks, i appreciate the feedback