PLEASE WAMC? Thank you!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentdkrm76

Reaction score
Date of submission: 06/03/23
Overall GPA: 3.70
Science GPA:
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score:
22 AA, 23 TS, 23 Bio, 22 Chem, 22 Orgo, 20 RC, 22 QR, 19 PAT
State of Residence: Illinois

Major: Biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 300 hours with three general dentists.
Volunteering Experience: 150 hours at an animal shelter.
Employment: Over 1000 hours working at a chain restaurant for almost four years. I am currently working as a dental assistant and have 700+ hours.
Research: None.
Other Extracurriculars: Member of the Pre-Dental Club, member of Book Club, and I have held a board position in an ethnic club for three years.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's List for six semesters so far. Also, my school's Presidential Scholarship.
LOR type and strength:
One from my Anatomy/Physiology professor - very strong. One from the dentist I work for - very strong. One from my Physics professor - average. These letters are all compiled into a packet, along with a pre-health committee letter from my advisors.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
No red flags, but I am very worried about my personal statement. I just think that it is very basic, and I am scared that this will negatively affect me.
School list:

University of Illinois Chicago (my top choice)
Southern Illinois
Midwestern Illinois
Marquette
University of Indiana
Louisana State University
Western University
University of Southern California
NOVA Southeastern University

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: 06/03/23
Overall GPA: 3.70
Science GPA: 3.71
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.69
DAT score: 22 AA, 23 TS, 23 Bio, 22 Chem, 22 Orgo, 20 RC, 22 QR, 19 PAT
State of Residence: Illinois

Major: Biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 300 hours with three general dentists.
Volunteering Experience: 150 hours at an animal shelter.
Employment: Over 1000 hours working at a chain restaurant for almost four years. I am currently working as a dental assistant and have 700+ hours.
Research: None.
Other Extracurriculars: Member of the Pre-Dental Club, member of Book Club, and I have held a board position in an ethnic club for three years.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's List for six semesters so far. Also, my school's Presidential Scholarship.
LOR type and strength:
One from my Anatomy/Physiology professor - very strong. One from the dentist I work for - very strong. One from my Physics professor - average. These letters are all compiled into a packet, along with a pre-health committee letter from my advisors.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
No red flags, but I am very worried about my personal statement. I just think that it is very basic, and I am scared that this will negatively affect me.
School list:
University of Illinois Chicago (my top choice)
Southern Illinois
Midwestern Illinois
Marquette
University of Indiana
Louisana State University
Western University
University of Southern California
NOVA Southeastern University

Thank you!!!
have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools?

Since we don't have your PS, we can only guess. (Too late now if you submitted without having others review it.) I don't think it will affect you negatively unless you fail to discuss why dentistry is your mission.

More nonclinical community service with humans would strengthen your application and your chances. Do you have other activities?