Any advice in how to volunteer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benyben

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello.

I am trying to find a place to volunteer. One that will look good on my application (unfortunately, this is what it's comes down to).

What do you recommend? In what position? What facility?
Where can I volunteer, in general?

I tried volunteering in a hospital near my house, and it was almost impossible to get in to. Is this what it's coming to? U now have to have a Bach in order to volunteer?

How am I going to have experience, if now one will give me the opportunity of getting one?

[I live in L.A, by the way]

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I live in a town much, much smaller than L.A. but I would imagine it's just a matter of finding a "soup kitchen", a church that does some sort of ministry work, a "free" clinic or something along those lines that always need people to work for free. I just went to one of the local hospitals, answered some basic questions about when I could volunteer and I start in two days. It's free work...there's always someone that wants free labor.

Yes. But are we not suppose to volunteer at a place that has something to do with pharmacy? Am I getting it wrong?

Any kind of volunteering will look good on your resume, doesn't necessarily have to be pharmacy related. If you have time, try finding a pharm tech job, and then volunteer at a homeless shelter, or tutor kids, or participate in some walks/runs