Any advice will be appreciated!

Started by Doctork22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doctork22

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I am an IMG requiring a J1 visa. I have an attempt at step 1. My step 2 CK score is 231. I am doing a clinical externship in the USA and have worked in front lines during the pandemic. I applied to 200 programs for FM and IM. I am worried if I will even get an interview. Anyone with a similar situation has gotten an interview with an attempt on step 1?
 
Yes, applicants with prior failing scores on the USMLE have gotten positions before. It's impossible to tell you what your chances are this (or any) year. It all depends on the specifics of your application and where you applied. Hopefully you focused on less competitive programs and locations. At this point, you just wait and see what happens.