Any advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Chronotropic

OK heres my situation. I''ve been taking practice tests and practice problems from AAMC. The good news is that it appears that my knowledge base is more then adequate for the MCAT. For the first time I actually understand what each problem is asking. OK heres my problem. It appears that I can do any problem on the MCAT BUT I make alot of stupid mistakes. It seems when I am chugging through problems I tend to get lost in the verbage of a question and tend to loose my focus.

For exmple I'll get a question dealing with the vegas nerve and the answer choices will be "the VG will be stimulated because it's part of the SNS" or "The VG will be stimulated because it's part of the ANS" I'll pick the first one because I have so much stuff in my head that I can't think straight but any other time I could answer this question in my sleep.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Or better yet anyone have any advice? What is really frustrating is that if I didn't make these mistakes I could score around a 12 or better but thanks to these mistakes I'm struggling to score a 10.

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same problem in April too. I just slowed down and reread the question again and checked and double-checked my answer. It'll take up some time, but I think it's worth it. Don't doubt or second-guess yourself though.