Any August MCAT retakers receive interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Original

Ogori-Magongo Warrior
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wandering whether August MCAT retakers had to wait till mid October before our applications get reviewed. Is there anyone out there in this situation who has gotten an interview? If so, where?

Members don't see this ad.

I re-took the MCAT in AUG and I have recived an interview at EMVS for early October. The other schools I have applied to sent me secondaries, but are waiting for my MCAT's before offering me an interview.

I re-took the MCAT in AUG and I have recived an interview at EMVS for early October.

Now that's impressive! :cool:
Good luck on your interview, DaniC!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DaniC:
•I re-took the MCAT in AUG and I have recived an interview at EMVS for early October. The other schools I have applied to sent me secondaries, but are waiting for my MCAT's before offering me an interview.•

Dani,

I also re-took the exam in AUG and am applying to EVMS (one of my top-choice schools - they have something that interests me more than any other school). If you don't mind me asking, why did you retake the exam? Were your scores all above 7s and you just wanted something more impressive? I ask only because I have a single 7 and am wondering if I may also have the opportunity to interview soon. I'm getting very anxious! Thankfully, I've had no rejections...but I've had no interviews either.

no, I don't mind sharing. I retook the MCAT because there was a big discreapancy in my scores 12V-7P-Q-8B. My GPA is average 3.4 but from a public Ivy school. I also got an interview at MCV this past tuesday which went well. Speaking objectivly I think my volunteer and clinical experiencec got me in. (At least thet was the impression I got from my MCV interviewer). I am also have an odd major Biology and Studio art (sculpture) so I may be looked at as the "diversity" element, who knows. Plus my perrsonal statement kicked @$$ (made my mom cry, but then she is my mom :D ) . let me know if you have any other questions...I'm not proud! ;)

Originally posted by DaniC:
•no, I don't mind sharing. I retook the MCAT because there was a big discreapancy in my scores 12V-7P-Q-8B. My GPA is average 3.4 but from a public Ivy school. Plus my personal statement kicked @$$ (made my mom cry, but then she is my mom :D ) . let me know if you have any other questions...I'm not proud! ;)

No other questions. Just wanted to say thanks. Our stats are similar. You have a slightly higher MCAT, and I have a higher GPA. I'm feeling hopeful now, though I know the process is very random. The fact that you got an interview without your August scores is probably a very good sign. Best of luck to ya!

DaniC- what's a "public Ivy school"? Curious minds want to know! --Trek

Yeah I just got an interview to Houston Medical School for mid October. See my other post...now I can smile.

Trek- they are state schools that rival Ivy league education, CalTech and UVA are the first ones that come to mind.

Dani- FYI, CalTech (if you're refering to the California Institute of Technology in Pasedena) is an amazing, yet PRIVATE school (tuition over 22,000 to boot). So it's not really in the public group. --Trek

Hey Dani,

I'm thinking that if they accept the both of us, they will have avg. scores of 9.5V-8P-P-9B and a 3.51 GPA. Sounds good to me!!! Looking at their #s, this might work ;) ! Wishful thinking, at best.

Swamp- Great thinking! I'll let you know how it goes on Friday.

Trek-Thanks for the correction..It's been awhile sience I applied to college so the list is a little fuzzy :cool: