Any Baylor News?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheAmazingGOB

It ain't easy bein' white
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has heard from Baylor recently. I interviewed in early December and at that time they told us we probably wouldn't hear anything until March. Has anyone that interviewed there more recently heard when they are going to send out the bulk of their acceptances or any other news?

Members don't see this ad.

You have no idea how many people are dying for an answer to this...

Baylor holds the key for Texas acceptances. Baylor steals UTSW, UTSW steals from everywhere else, everywhere else in Texas starts yanking on their waitlists, and everyone gets in and we all live happily ever after till step f**king one.

for some reason i remember hearing that they were gonna wait and see how much of a disaster the new TMDSAS match was gonna be before they made decisions on the bulk of the texas applicants.

whoever said that might have made it up, but it kinda makes sense considering the number of eligible candidates on SDN that have yet to hear from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have no idea how many people are dying for an answer to this...

Baylor holds the key for Texas acceptances. Baylor steals UTSW, UTSW steals from everywhere else, everywhere else in Texas starts yanking on their waitlists, and everyone gets in and we all live happily ever after till step f**king one.

lol that made my day.

but ditto on what eternal rage said about the domino effect of Baylor acceptances.

But what about the OOSers? When do we get love?

just called baylor. adcom has not met to discuss the final group of interviewees. "final decisions will be made by mid march."

just called baylor. adcom has not met to discuss the final group of interviewees. "final decisions will be made by mid march."

so does this mean that they'll review them soon and the bulk (~50%) of acceptances are given out? I'm wondering how my people got in so far as OOS. I'm dying to get this one...

so does this mean that they'll review them soon and the bulk (~50%) of acceptances are given out? I'm wondering how my people got in so far as OOS. I'm dying to get this one...

~30% is the word as of late. i am assuming (maybe foolishly) that since the last interviews are complete, they will give enough offers to fill their entire class and everyone else will be waitlisted, with some slow continual movement until may as people decide to go elsewhere.

~30% is the word as of late. i am assuming (maybe foolishly) that since the last interviews are complete, they will give enough offers to fill their entire class and everyone else will be waitlisted, with some slow continual movement until may as people decide to go elsewhere.

30% spots left or 30% given out so far? :eek:

at the interview on friday, they told us that they were meeting at 5pm that night to discuss and rank the final group.
But they also said the soonest that we would hear anything would be a month from the date.

at the interview on friday, they told us that they were meeting at 5pm that night to discuss and rank the final group.
But they also said the soonest that we would hear anything would be a month from the date.

Is that for everyone that hasn't heard anything yet or just your group?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that for everyone that hasn't heard anything yet or just your group?

They didn't say... but i think it is for everyone since our group (last friday) was the last interview that they are giving..

OOS acceptance today (2/22), interviewed 11/17

are you lying? today is like 2 hours into the 22nd. who could have called u then?

OOS acceptance today (2/22), interviewed 11/17

Sorry, i was accepted 2/21 Wednesday. I just glanced at the toolbar when I typed down the date and it was already past midnight.

well, in that case good job! they call on wednesdays now...i guess now i have every day of the week to feel antsy also that and now its not necessarily gonna be a wait til march for all of the acceptances. yay for an OOSer although that diminishes my chances!

does anyone know if Baylor is done interviewing?

does anyone know if Baylor is done interviewing?

I heard that tomorrow is the last interview. Admission / waitlist decisions one month from now. :luck:

I interviewed in september.. I think I'm pretty much a waitlist.

Did anyone who interview last friday get an acceptance already? And I think they are done with interviews...

I interviewed on the very first day and haven't heard a peep since. I think I'm definitely going to be waitlist material.

Is there any hope still left for early interviewers?

And is there anyone at Baylor who will actually give you a real answer (the receptionists just always say "decisions will be made within the next few weeks until March")?

I interviewed on the very first day and haven't heard a peep since. I think I'm definitely going to be waitlist material.

I was there that day too...I'm just hoping to get an acceptance off the waitlist at this point:sleep:

They still haven't given out all the acceptances though, so there is still some hope.

I was there that day too...I'm just hoping to get an acceptance off the waitlist at this point:sleep:

They still haven't given out all the acceptances though, so there is still some hope.

There is always the chance that we've been hovering around the top of "the list" and just barely missing the cutoff every time.

There is always the chance that we've been hovering around the top of "the list" and just barely missing the cutoff every time.

I hope you're right!

Finally got the call yesterday. This is my first acceptance. I am sooo ecstatic. I interviewed 12/8.

i'm still wondering what the deal is for OOS ppl b/c their website says 75% texas residents in the incoming class, yet quite a few ppl at my interview were not from texas.

plus having interviewed on the last day, i'm hoping i'm not already headed for their waitlist. eek. we'll see.

btw, jennifermov... this is your fav. fellow mcat instructor. haha. sdn addictions rock. :p

I'm another OOS applicant who interviewed last Friday (morganlefay, I remember chatting with you for a while in the applicant reception room).

I called today about another unrelated issue, and was told that it would be a few weeks before our group would hear anything. :thumbdown: to more waiting.

i'm still wondering what the deal is for OOS ppl b/c their website says 75% texas residents in the incoming class, yet quite a few ppl at my interview were not from texas.

maybe they did most of the texas ppl they wanted to interview and were checking out the out of state options in the last interview. kinda horrid for me an OOSer that interviewed in the first week of jan b/c it makes me think we are getting considered much more slowly seeing as the last few OOS acceptances have been like 2 months after interview. maybe there's some separate ranking system or some point deduction system to maintain the 3:1 ratio. whatever the case, LET ME IN!!!!

I am a Texas resident.

Finally got the call yesterday. This is my first acceptance. I am sooo ecstatic. I interviewed 12/8.

That's wonderful! I'm very happy for you. See you in class.

I'm another OOS applicant who interviewed last Friday (morganlefay, I remember chatting with you for a while in the applicant reception room).

I called today about another unrelated issue, and was told that it would be a few weeks before our group would hear anything. :thumbdown: to more waiting.

gross. waiting sucks. and i totally remember you!
you lived in japan and all that jazz. good luck to us! :)

btw, jennifermov... this is your fav. fellow mcat instructor. haha. sdn addictions rock. :p

morgan - i was day-dreaming that i got that magic call from BCM while teaching one of my DAT classes (on a wednesday night, of course)....and then i ran out of the room screaming and shouting all the way to your MCAT class only to find out you had just received the same call.....and then we jumped up and down like crazy....and all of the students looked at us like we WERE crazy, until we explained WHO the call was from....the next part of the dream i can't decide.....but i'm thinking we'd haul ass straight to the bulldog (forget class) to celebrate (since wednesday night is pint night, of course....)

to everyone else...sorry that i currently have nothing of substance to add to this forum. i just wanted to ^bump^ it up in hopes of other people adding more information/speculations/aggrevations....etc.

...in the meantime, i will continue to walk around my house humming that little song they use during the final question in jepardy...do do...do do...do do do...

morgan - i was day-dreaming that i got that magic call from BCM while teaching one of my DAT classes (on a wednesday night, of course)....and then i ran out of the room screaming and shouting all the way to your MCAT class only to find out you had just received the same call.....and then we jumped up and down like crazy....and all of the students looked at us like we WERE crazy, until we explained WHO the call was from....the next part of the dream i can't decide.....but i'm thinking we'd haul ass straight to the bulldog (forget class) to celebrate (since wednesday night is pint night, of course....)

...in the meantime, i will continue to walk around my house humming that little song they use during the final question in jepardy...do do...do do...do do do...

BUMP!
Ha, jenn, I am a huge fan of that dream!! I totally think Bulldog would be the destination, and to hell with class!! Let's hope your (day)dreams tend to come true :)
And you're totally right, perusing sdn like a psycho doesn't help anything...

as i am sure everyone has already read on the BCM C/O 2011 thread, 2 more people got calls yesterday....i'm excited for them. morgan, i may have to amend my dream to include thursday nights AS WELL as wednesday nights....

that's cool. i didn't interview until feb 16th, so i won't start freaking out until at least march 16th ;)

as i am sure everyone has already read on the BCM C/O 2011 thread, 2 more people got calls yesterday....i'm excited for them. morgan, i may have to amend my dream to include thursday nights AS WELL as wednesday nights....

that's cool. i didn't interview until feb 16th, so i won't start freaking out until at least march 16th ;)

Somehow I can't see you freaking out. You seem so calm! Seems like it would take a lot to get on your nerves.

sept interviewee... lost all hope. When are they officially notifying all interviewees?

sept interviewee... lost all hope. When are they officially notifying all interviewees?

I have also lost my hope (for this school and many others). I just want my rejections already!

anyone hear anything from baylor this week? anyone? anyone?

yeah, didn't think so.....nope, me neither....