any bu pre-meds here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elguapo187

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is anyone here currently doing or has anyone currently done their pre-med work at bu? any thoughts about it? would you recommend it?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if you mean Baylor University or Boston University, but I go to Baylor right now for my undergrad. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, but I'm taking the MCAT this Sat. so I might not respond till next week.

oh...hehe...i meant boston university..sorry about the confusion...

thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI, there is only *ONE* BU -- Boston University!

:clap:

dw
BU SAR '87, '89

Yeah, I was a premed at BU. Would I recomend it? Well, I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives. First, since there are so many people and so many courses at BU, you don't have to hang out with uptight premed types. Plus, since there are so many non-premeds taking the science courses for other reasons (like marine biology, for example) that they generally help the curves. The courses weren't that hard to do well in, and the professors were generally good. I felt very well prepared when the MCATs came along, too. Plus, I got in to six schools (I don't know how much of that was BU :wink: )

The biggest negative was that it was hard to get to know science profs for recomendations, since the classes were so big for the gut courses. That worked out junior year when the classes got smaller, but it made me nervous.

I liked premed at BU, but then again, I don't know what you are comparing it to.

Back to studying bacteriology :mad:

I went to BU, graduated in 1996, but I was in COM, film production. I didn't start my pre-med stuff until after I graduated. If you have any questions about the school, let me know!

COM '96