Any caucasian premeds out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wylde

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody? Let's talk (about any ethnicity, gender, religious preference, etc. i really don't care)

Members don't see this ad.

I was expecting this to be an extension of the "any Korean pre-meds out there?" maybe it is...

Seriously though. Any point for having a Caucasian student association? Maybe encourage the members to do racial outreach? Teach racial sensitivity classes? Learn how to enjoy ones culture without offending the minority cultures? Discuss the Caucasian effect on international impression of US medical students?

You know, I don't actually give a **** about another person's ethnicity or race or what the hell ever.

I just think they're a dumba$$ and that's it.

:rolleyes:

And I'm a mostly white girl, for the record.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody? Let's talk (about any ethnicity, gender, religious preference, etc. i really don't care)
Zzzzzz.... Do a search. This thread gets started at least once a week...

I personally refuse to be referred to "caucasian", the term has a ridiculous history, as do most racial categories.

I personally refuse to be referred to "caucasian", the term has a ridiculous history, as do most racial categories.

Y'know, it just occured to me *how* stupid 'caucasian' is for me. I'm Scottish, not Russian. Whatev.

Y'know, it just occured to me *how* stupid 'caucasian' is for me. I'm Scottish, not Russian. Whatev.

Not only that, but the only reason it was chosen was because some craniometry guy thought their skulls were the best, therefore it must belong to the whites.

the OP is being facetious.

:rolleyes:

And I'm a mostly white girl, for the record.

Mostly? what do you mean mostly? I thought humans are either "are" or "are not" when it comes to gender and race.

you know come to think of it, what would happen if the wavelength of light reflected off the human body is the same always for a couple of days. I wonder how skin heads, ku klux klan and all these other idiots would react.

Mostly? what do you mean mostly? I thought humans are either "are" or "are not" when it comes to gender and race.

you know come to think of it, what would happen if the wavelength of light reflected off the human body is the same always for a couple of days. I wonder how skin heads, ku klux klan and all these other idiots would react.

there are obvious physical attributes which would give each "race" away. im pretty damn sure i could tell apart an asian from an african american guy, even if they were the same exact color

Members don't see this ad :)
there are obvious physical attributes which would give each "race" away. im pretty damn sure i could tell apart an asian from an african american guy, even if they were the same exact color

Yes, but usually people place much emphasis on color when determining "race". It would be interesting if everyone was red, or black, or green.

Supposedly, my father's mother's mother's family is some variant of Huron. I don't acknowledge him, though. So right now I'm just being a brat.

If I have to list it off, I'm Scottish, Irish, English, Norwegian, and a teeny tiny bit French.

As to everybody else, there's about 4578852989-8852 ways to define race and gender.

But me, I'm a Scottish-Irish-English-Norwegian-slightly French white girl from Baltimore. And I like men. The end. :cool:

Well since I don't get any minority status or anything I guess you could consider me caucasian even though I am 100% Middle Eastern. :rolleyes:

Well since I don't get any minority status or anything I guess you could consider me caucasian even though I am 100% Middle Eastern. :rolleyes:

I'm half Caucasian b/c of this since I'm half Persian.

Posts like these make it easy to identify those who are culturally ignorant.

also, not all russians are caucasian--only those that come from the area of the caucases (the mountains). in russian there is a term for it, "kavkaztsi," which means caucasians and refers only to people from that area. contrary to popular belief, caucasian does NOT = white. caucasian is actually an ethnic category much like hispanic is. white is race. therefore, somebody could be caucasian and white, just like somebody can be hispanic and black (ask almost anybody from the dominican republic). it's so annoying when they combine the two categories on forms like caucasian/white (just like african-american/black should not be combined since they can be mutually exclusive). BLAH.

also, not all russians are caucasian--only those that come from the area of the caucases (the mountains). in russian there is a term for it, "kavkaztsi," which means caucasians and refers only to people from that area. contrary to popular belief, caucasian does NOT = white. caucasian is actually an ethnic category much like hispanic is. white is race. therefore, somebody could be caucasian and white, just like somebody can be hispanic and black (ask almost anybody from the dominican republic). it's so annoying when they combine the two categories on forms like caucasian/white (just like african-american/black should not be combined since they can be mutually exclusive). BLAH.

Actually, white is not a race by definition. Race refers to those supposedly belonging to the same genetic stock or sharing a distinct pool of genes when compared to other humans. White refers to a single phenotypic trait pertaining to the hue of the skin--not a race; although in these times it does implicitly refer to those originating from Europe and Western Asia.

The specifics of categorization only bother those who are concerned with what they are labeled as. Me, I am human and do not worry about any of the simplistic categorizations that this world wishes to include me in.

I was expecting this to be an extension of the "any Korean pre-meds out there?" maybe it is...

Seriously though. Any point for having a Caucasian student association? Maybe encourage the members to do racial outreach? Teach racial sensitivity classes? Learn how to enjoy ones culture without offending the minority cultures? Discuss the Caucasian effect on international impression of US medical students?

You know I really hate all these black, asian, muslim, white, indian, male, female, human, (sorry if I missed you) threads and I feel bad for posting in one. Furthermore the caucasian threads are usually some stupid kid trying to be funny. That being said it does annoy me however that everytime a caucasian thread does come up people get upset and go off on how there is no need for a caucasian association. Just because we aren't minorities dosen't mean that we don't have common experiences and things to talk about. I hate how being proud to be white and talking about being white immediately makes you a racist. Perhaps it wouldn't be a problem if minority groups weren't so sensitive and wanted us to "Maybe encourage the members to do racial outreach? Teach racial sensitivity classes? Learn how to enjoy ones culture without offending the minority cultures? Discuss the Caucasian effect on international impression of US medical students?"

My breakdown is as follows...
Female
Catholic
50% Italian (possibly a miniscule bit of Spanish in there).
25% Transylvanian (yes, it's a real place)
25% - Exact percentages unknown, but that last 25% is French, German, Irish, English & Scottish.

I'm such a mutt.

You know I really hate all these black, asian, muslim, white, indian, male, female, human, (sorry if I missed you) threads and I feel bad for posting in one. Furthermore the caucasian threads are usually some stupid kid trying to be funny. That being said it does annoy me however that everytime a caucasian thread does come up people get upset and go off on how there is no need for a caucasian association. Just because we aren't minorities dosen't mean that we don't have common experiences and things to talk about. I hate how being proud to be white and talking about being white immediately makes you a racist. Perhaps it wouldn't be a problem if minority groups weren't so sensitive and wanted us to "Maybe encourage the members to do racial outreach? Teach racial sensitivity classes? Learn how to enjoy ones culture without offending the minority cultures? Discuss the Caucasian effect on international impression of US medical students?"

What common experiences do Caucasians have? :confused:

IAW(most of)TP.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
what an idiot!!!
idiota idiota idiota

I think it'd be more appropriate and comparable to make "Any English-American pre-meds?" threads or "Any French pre-meds?" threads, etc. I don't see an issue with that. Caucasian is too broad of a term to really get into cultural specifics.

White Power Bill!!!!

(AD reference)

I am like half white half asian. I don't want to be white cause then I can't say racist things. I don't wanna be asian cause it's memento mori for my med school application. So, I am learning spanish and changing my name to escobar.

I am like half white half asian. I don't want to be white cause then I can't say racist things. I don't wanna be asian cause it's memento mori for my med school application. So, I am learning spanish and changing my name to escobar.

Plus the whole...you know...ding-a-ling thing j/k:D

Figures...you are from the backwards a$$ south...not just the south...the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep backwards a$$ south.

How many of your neighbors still fly confederate flags?...just curious

Being jewish, it's no wonder she likes Chinese food :DX2

i've always actually thought about that: how did the whole "jews love chinese food" stereotype originate? i mean do you really really like it or something? but i do too and i'm not jewish...

While I concur that there is something inherently strange about these ethnic threads, someone with your boldness may want to consider the absurdity of self-pride that spawns from an association with any ethnic group.

Due to the gross number of partial persons, let's use a less sensitive topic for clarification. At the school I go to, people tend get way too overexcited about certain things, such as watching a football game. Clearly, it can be enjoyable as many of these athletes are extremely talented. But how, how can you be that excited (the degree of excitement I aim to express is hopefully self-evident) from watching other people have the time of their lives all the while you are sitting down and cheering them on. And if they win, somehow it translates into "us" winning as if "we" had a significant contribution to the victory. Somehow, it's as if we're made greater by the actions of people related to us only by association with a common university. It's comical to me when people brag about the awesomeness of the sports teams they are not a part of; of course, I only reply with smiles and nods.

While this idea is hardly original to me (it's a prominent theme in several French authors), you should only have self-pride in things that you did, not what other people have done. Surely you can have respect for the actions of others. However, it becomes very odd when you believe that you were somehow a part of it simply because there are similarities in the aspects of your economic/social/ethnic status.

White Power Bill!!!!

(AD reference)

230px-STUCKBYWHITEPOWERBILL.JPG