Any chance with pharmacy schools for me? I need advices!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asd.qwe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPA is 2.85 and I am trying to improve it.

I still have Orgo Chem, Biochem, Microbiology to take.
I got Bs with all biology 1,2 and chem 1,2.
Currently taking Genetics and Immunology but I don't think I can pass Immunology and I am getting C in Genetics.

And I am currently study for PCAT.

Do I have a chance to get into pharmacy school?

I have no pharmacy experience, currently trying to get into pharm tech training program at CVS or Walgreens.

I am looking at MCPHS, ACPHS, LIU, and NOVA. Anyone knows anything about these schools? Do I get a chance with any of these?

Thank you so much if you can answer me!!!

Members don't see this ad.

If you can get all As with those classes you haven't taken, and get good result for PCAT, you definitely have a chance!

Currently taking Genetics and Immunology but I don't think I can pass Immunology and I am getting C in Genetics.

I have no pharmacy experience, currently trying to get into pharm tech training program at CVS or Walgreens.

I am looking at MCPHS, ACPHS, LIU, and NOVA. Anyone knows anything about these schools? Do I get a chance with any of these?

It would benefit you greatly to improve your English as much as possible; speaking, reading, writing (typing), with an emphasis on reading. Pharmacy schools often assign a lot of reading, and it would behoove you to improve your reading speed and reading comprehension.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

You will get in. 99.9% even with C's in your next classes IMO. Apply to a lot of schools just in case.

Get your GPA at least to a 3.0 and get some extracurricular activities in there

Microbio coupled with Organic will be strong indicators of what your chances are (biochem as well since that’s what you’ll study first couple semesters in pharmacy). Without this background you cannot predict with any accuracy how your PCAT will turn out for the sciences. Figure out why your GPA is terrible. It won’t do you justice getting into a program just to fail out with more debt. Your struggling in immunology and bare min in genetics. If passion can’t save your GPA you will not see a change in pharmacy school. Expect more credits, interning while in school (injustice if you don’t), and high volume reading.

Everyone has more than one passion. Are you stretching for pharmacy simply because no one else will consider you in the health - field due to grades? Consider the stress yet to come. In the meantime, you must ace your courses from here on out and work in a pharmacy (not shadow, work) to either motivate and show initiative or at the least for yourself “know” this is the only thing you see yourself doing. Don’t get accepted and realize you put yourself behind the learning curve...The rest I leave to you.

Be warned, you may get accepted

Reactions: 2 users
Microbio coupled with Organic will be strong indicators of what your chances are (biochem as well since that’s what you’ll study first couple semesters in pharmacy). Without this background you cannot predict with any accuracy how your PCAT will turn out for the sciences. Figure out why your GPA is terrible. It won’t do you justice getting into a program just to fail out with more debt. Your struggling in immunology and bare min in genetics. If passion can’t save your GPA you will not see a change in pharmacy school. Expect more credits, interning while in school (injustice if you don’t), and high volume reading.

Everyone has more than one passion. Are you stretching for pharmacy simply because no one else will consider you in the health - field due to grades? Consider the stress yet to come. In the meantime, you must ace your courses from here on out and work in a pharmacy (not shadow, work) to either motivate and show initiative or at the least for yourself “know” this is the only thing you see yourself doing. Don’t get accepted and realize you put yourself behind the learning curve...The rest I leave to you.

Be warned, you may get accepted

Thank you! I appreciate it