Any chance with these stats to Dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jchang0218

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have following stats. Do you guys think I have any chance for Dental school?
I'm planning on taking 2 of the pre req classes which I got.. C on. Planning on getting A's for those 2 classes which will bring both Undergrad sGPA and oGPA to above 3.

Undergrad sGPA: 2.9
Undergrad oGPA: 2.9
Public Health Grad GPA: 3.85
DAT: 19AA / 20 PAT / 19 OS

Current practice manager at dental office. Lots of LOR from dentists/professors. Lots of shadowing hours. Has 1 published research article.

Thoughts?

Thank you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I have following stats. Do you guys think I have any chance for Dental school?
I'm planning on taking 2 of the pre req classes which I got.. C on. Planning on getting A's for those 2 classes which will bring both Undergrad sGPA and oGPA to above 3.

Undergrad sGPA: 2.9
Undergrad oGPA: 2.9
Public Health Grad GPA: 3.85
DAT: 19AA / 20 PAT / 19 OS

Current practice manager at dental office. Lots of LOR from dentists/professors. Lots of shadowing hours. Has 1 published research article.

Thoughts?

Thank you all!

What is OS?
Who had the published paper? You?
You're going to be drilled for a low Undergrad GPA.
Apply to 20 some schools for a chance.
You may need to apply more than one cycle for sure.

I couldnt even tell you because i have no idea.. your best bet is to contact the adcoms and ask.. or just look on avg GPA for the schools you are interested in.. or since you work at a dental office.. ASK THE DENTISTS that work with you... im pretty sure they can shed some light...

With that GPA your DAT is way too low. I don't think public health has very many actual science classes so you need to convince the adcoms that you're capable of handling a rigorous didactic schedule

Reactions: 1 user