Normal BCP/sGPA GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boston2512

Reaction score
J

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I guess it would depend unless the dental schools have ways of knowing which schools are more rigorous than others, which I'm sure they are aware of some of them. But GPAs all vary from different schools and aren't standardized. The DAT is standardized and gives admissions a way of comparing you to other applicants that is standardized.

Do well on the DAT. While your GPA isn't super low, it's below average for matriculants for your sGPA. The mean for the class of 2024 had a sGPA of 3.49, which for the class of 2027 for this cycle is probably a tad higher at >3.5 since admissions are getting more competitive with each cycle.

You will be fine if you get a good DAT score, aim for 21AA+, and apply early and to the right schools. If you fill out a WAMCs thread we may be able to offer more wisdom. I would aim to have more soup kitchen hours if you can, dental schools do like to see that you are putting yourself out of your comfort zone.

Thank you! I just found the sGPA averages for the school I want to apply to...and I am within their range for most of them...+/- 0.05. Now, I feel better. Thank youuuuuu

Reactions: 1 user